+ Reply to Thread

Thread: My Story

Default My Story

Hey guys,

I'm Roberto. New here, but i have been reading this forum for about 8 years so i know a lot of you guys stories. English is not my native language, just so you guys know.
    When i was 17 i first began losing hair, like in the shower i always found hairs and began to think that it wasn't normal. My dad is bald, but he started at his early 40's. i started to look into every mirror and notice my high forehead and to be fair i was feeling very sad at those times and at some point i just hated to look into any mirror. Before it started i got told a lot from girls that i was the best looking boy in school and they talked about what made me good looking.. they told me it was my hair. I had very dark brown hair and i must say i thought that that really was my best attribute(which is complete bullshit if i look back at it now of course). At that time i was able to hide my hairloss a bit with some new hairstyles and stuff, you guys can certainly speak of that tactic too. At some point my hair was too thin so i was looking into something to use to make it thicker again. At that time i started to use finasteride and the results were amazing. My hair on my temples came back and it all felt way thicker than it was before. Now i am not exactly sure maybe it was psychological but somehow it made me have lesser feelings down there. So i quit after about 6 months i think. just didn't feel right. After this i used Toppik, which was actually an amazing product but i live in a country where it rains 24/7 so i always used toppik AND wore a baseballcap which i would just take off when i would go somewhere inside. Also this meant i would never be able to have showered with my girlfriend back then because it would come off and then i would be ashamed.(You guys will never believe how many times i dreamed about the situation anyone would find out what stuff i put on my head). So i quit with that and stepped onto another product which was a kind of hairspray which just covered the head and was pretty water resistant. This gave me great results. i remembered i would even be able to swim with that stuff on my head. But it gave my hair quite a dusty look so i would use tons of hairspray to shine it up again. it became to much of an obsession. The haircut i went for when i quit with all the concealers was just a low grade on the sides and like 2-3 cm on top. i got a lot of comments on that my haircut looked like an island or something and that i should grow it out like before. But they didn't know i used to use a lot of concealers so i couldn't really let it grow out. My best and only female friend told me how good looking i actually was and how sexy she thought shaved men were. I always thought if you were bald nobody thinks you're sexy but it turned out now someone does think it actually is. Now i must say that i have a very low body fat%, am 1m87cm, did professional boxing for 5 years so i probably have a body that is better than 95% of men living around here. But i gave it a try, shaved everything off and i loved it. I loved the feeling of the water on my head in the shower. My male friends commented on it, called me baldhead etc. you guys have obviously been there to, it's not even funny, just call it your new style. Ladies do love bald men, every woman i knew when i first shaved my head told me it suits me way better than hair and how it suddenly made me incredibly sexy. Obviously if you're trying to hit on a 20 year old girl, your odds are low, but they like Justin Bieber who looks like a lesbian so nobody cares about that. I have women walking up to me when i'm out asking me if my eyes are real, do i wear contacts, that she loves the way i look so different than everyone with the average haircuts. IF you have bright eyes and a darker skin/ a dark beard like i do, you won't be able to hold them off you. A shaved head accentuates every facial feature you have. So my advice is: SHAVE IT ALL OFF.

- Grow a nice short beard ( it really contributes to your look)
    - Hit the gym( obvious why.. if you have a better body than all those beer drinking fat students who do you think they would go for?)
    - Be confident, find something you really really like to do, be happy with your job, be positive, get a nice attitude but not to much.
    - Socialize
    - Make jokes about you not having the average joe's haircut. Just tell them that you don't actually know how your hair looks anymore because you have had this shaved head for ages because it's amazing.

Really guys, stop with the concealers and all the medicines, you're obviously delaying it but it's not good for your confidence to use all those aids.