X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • stevooo
    • Nov 2017

Fue donor scars / white dots pics

Hi all
    I am very close to arranging my first FUE procedure. However I'm really keen to see as many examples as possible of donor areas in particular white dots. While I've seen plenty of examples witha a grade 1 haircut, I've only found one example where the guy had totally clean shaven his head (that unfortunately was a low'ish quality vid on YouTube).

What I'm really trying to establish is what the skin itself actually looks like... Is it raised or just different colour? Does it pass for natural skin pattern or is it clear they're little scars? Etc

Any photos or views people can share would be much appreciated!
  • nk1990
    • Jul 2017

same - i think it differs with the punch size used if .9 or 1mm used then more likelihood of it being noticable

Comment

• stevooo
      • Nov 2017

This was the video by the way for anyone interested:

So you can clearly see the white dots, though hard to tell what they'd look like in normal light / higher quality video.

Comment

• Louish
        • Aug 2015

Originally posted by nk1990
        same - i think it differs with the punch size used if .9 or 1mm used then more likelihood of it being noticable
        Good clinics use a 0.8mm punch. What you see really is the lack density not the dots...

Comment

• nk1990
          • Jul 2017

yeah if your hair is longer back and sides that is a problem - my plan is to keep it short so lack of density n back and sides doesnt show

Comment

• Louish
            • Aug 2015

yeah if your hair is longer back and sides that is a problem - my plan is to keep it short so lack of density n back and sides doesnt show
            I can have a buzz cut with a 1 gauge and nothing shows. If I go shorter it will show but only people in the know can see it....

Comment

• Lorenzo Hasson and Wong
              Doctor Representative
              • Oct 2017

Good thread. I think there are different aspects. Of course most important is the size of the punch, color and contrast of the skin and how you heal. Of course this is when done properly. I like many others have seen some horrible holes caused by hair mills.

Comment

• nk1990
                • Jul 2017

Originally posted by Louish
                I can have a buzz cut with a 1 gauge and nothing shows. If I go shorter it will show but only people in the know can see it....
                Do you know what size punch your doc used?

And are you fair skinned or dark?

Comment

• Louish
                  • Aug 2015

Do you know what size punch your doc used?

And are you fair skinned or dark?
                  0,8mm, fair skin with dark brown hair.

Comment

• stevooo
                    • Nov 2017

Thanks all for the responses (and apologies for the delay in replying - after changing jobs in November, I've been forced to delay my FUE to Spring!)

Originally posted by Louish
                    Louish - would you be comfortable with sharing a pic when you next get a grade 1 cut? Would be really interested to see and much appreciated if you wouldn't mind, as it is hard to come by photos of people who've had FUE and wear their hair at this short length.

Comment

• 2013HTDUNNE
                      • Nov 2018

Here are my fue scars at around grade 1 razor or less in some pics. Notice the areas of denser hair vs less dense I don’t think I was the best candidate but they did it anyway.

Comment

• stevooo
                        • Nov 2017

Originally posted by 2013HTDUNNE
                        https://m.imgur.com/Im0rgE1,fwtP7Yk,...GXGfhA,zFskijX

Here are my fue scars at around grade 1 razor or less in some pics. Notice the areas of denser hair vs less dense I don’t think I was the best candidate but they did it anyway.
                        Hi mate - thanks for sharing! (sorry it took me a while!). Looks good - although can only see 1 pic in that link (it read like you have more?).

Can I ask why you didn't think you would be the best candidate for fue??

Having seen a couple of pics around now, my conclusion is (like a lot of these things!) - those who have had a transplant might recognise the white dots, but almost everyone else wouldn't even notice!

Comment

• Rodgers09
                          • Sep 2014

Here’s my donor few days after fully shaved for my recent FUE.

I had over 7000 FUE over 3 ops but had decent donor density. I think it looks pretty good but it’s down to the individuals characteristics and punch size used.

Others may not look the same
                          Attached Files

Comment

• Baez9085
                            • Jul 2020

Hi @stevooo. Hey man I’m wondering the same about your question would like to see any pics if possible of fue shaved with a razor, Any updates since your message on this thread? Thank you very much in advance

Comment

Working...