+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by BaldingHelpMe View Post
    When you say added dut, do you mean taking both fin and dut? Or switching fin to dut instead?
    I'm taking both.

Quote Originally Posted by TobyJay View Post
    I'm taking both.
    Thanks for your reply. So you've been taking fin for the last 3 years which didn't do much for your hair loss, so you added dut and started taking both which gives you some regrowth? How long have you been taking both?

Are you planning to keep taking both? Or are you going to drop fin eventually?

It might be that I respond better to dut. However, I'm not going to risk ditching fin. in case the regrowth is due to the combo. I'm comfortable taking both but I wouldn't necessarily recommend doing this. I'm also going to double up dut. month-on-month, but again, this is me being willing to experiment, not something I'd encourage.

Quote Originally Posted by TobyJay View Post
    It might be that I respond better to dut. However, I'm not going to risk ditching fin. in case the regrowth is due to the combo. I'm comfortable taking both but I wouldn't necessarily recommend doing this. I'm also going to double up dut. month-on-month, but again, this is me being willing to experiment, not something I'd encourage.
    I hope your hair look good because suppressing about 90% of a critical hormone will come at a price in the long run.

Quote Originally Posted by Louish View Post
    I hope your hair look good because suppressing about 90% of a critical hormone will come at a price in the long run.
    What are your thoughts about the long term effects of propecia? As far as I know it decreases DHT with 40%.

Quote Originally Posted by Vantage View Post
    What are your thoughts about the long term effects of propecia? As far as I know it decreases DHT with 40%.
    The short version is : DHT, Test, Estrogen, Cortisol etc.. are all Cholesterol derivatives. They are in balance with each other to regulate countless metabolic processes. If you upset that balance you will not be healthy. You don't need to have a decease to be unhealthy. I would lose my hair any day before I take this garbage. Doctors are clueless about those things they barely do any biochemistry and they just rely on the good faith of those making the studies.

The short version is : DHT, Test, Estrogen, Cortisol etc.. are all Cholesterol derivatives. They are in balance with each other to regulate countless metabolic processes. If you upset that balance you will not be healthy. You don't need to have a decease to be unhealthy. I would lose my hair any day before I take this garbage. Doctors are clueless about those things they barely do any biochemistry and they just rely on the good faith of those making the studies.
    Very interesting. I've always been highly skeptical of the idea that one could take a drug that lowers DHT with 40% while not affecting anything else.

Very interesting. I've always been highly skeptical of the idea that one could take a drug that lowers DHT with 40% while not affecting anything else.
    For starters, all that testosterone that did not convert into DHT will mostly end up as estrogen. Higher estrogen will then signal your body to slow down on testosterone production then in the end you will lower your testosterone as well. This is why bodybuilders take anti-estrogen after using steroids because the higher estrogen levels keep testosterone production low. This image can you give you an idea.Click image for larger version

Name:	steroid_conversion_chart.jpg

Size:	94.1 KB
ID:	55266

For starters, all that testosterone that did not convert into DHT will mostly end up as estrogen. Higher estrogen will then signal your body to slow down on testosterone production then in the end you will lower your testosterone as well. This is why bodybuilders take anti-estrogen after using steroids because the higher estrogen levels keep testosterone production low. This image can you give you an idea.Attachment 55266
    Thanks for the interesting details. Has this potential effect on long term testosterone been shown in studies?

And how about minoxidil? Is that safe long term? What do you think of the acclaimed side effect by some, claiming that it increases aging/decreases collagen production?

Thanks for the interesting details. Has this potential effect on long term testosterone been shown in studies?

And how about minoxidil? Is that safe long term? What do you think of the acclaimed side effect by some, claiming that it increases aging/decreases collagen production?
    All this is very well known but since the long term conséquences are difficult to quantify since they would require long term follow ups (who would pay for it?) it is easier to accept a comforting lie and focus on the occurrence of short term usual side effects like impotence and gynecomastia. More money for big pharma and more hair for the average self conscious MPB sufferer.