Threaded View

Default just trying to get info

Hi community,

I saw this forum and thought this is a great place to get information on HTs. About me, well I am in my early 40s and just thinned in the front but still have enough that nobody makes the balding jokes. My father and grandfather went bald and on my mother's side, the women have thin hair or even lost it as well but the men in our family still have decent coverage.

What makes me relunctant with the HT is that I see the horror stories about the scars and people not happy with the results of it. I saw the Bosley informertial recently and saw online all the customer's complaints. With me, I am active duty military and wouldnt like to have my HT transplant scar visible since I fade my hair on the sides.

I am hoping for hair cloning or hair multiplication to become the defacto standard in HT or when scientists find the hair loss gene for alocepia. Also, the big thing that I notice is that pricing is never discussed out in the open. I would like to know the average pricing (and I know its all based on the amount of hair lost) on people who usually have an inch of a receding hairline and/or temple hair lost.

I seen some people in the military with some hackjob HT with the frankenstein scar in the back and its totally UNSAT. I wouldnt want to waste my money on that. Also, alot of soldiers go full baldie with hair loss but I rather have something on the top.

Anyway, that is an idea about me and I like the info on this website about shampoos and propecia. I do use rogaine at the current moment.

from a combat vet that fought in both wars.....