+ Reply to Thread

Default Keratin treatment after FUE

Hi,

I had a 1650 graft FUE transplant about 7 months ago. My hairline was remade. Ive seen the cosmetic change uptil now but majority of the growth is thin and will probably mature over the next 4-5 months (hopefully).

My hair is really frizzy/wavy and its hard to manage it daily. I used to get keratin treaments before the surgery, usually 2-3 times a year, which helped me manage my hair really well. Now after 6-7 months of the surgery I started blow drying my hair (no keratin done). But it doesnt fit the cut. What I can muster up every morning on my own simply isnt good enough.

Just wanted to know If I can get a keratin treatment at this stage (7 months post OP). It involves rigorous flat ironing and blow drying of your hair for about 15-20 mins and thats why Im a bit worried itll hinder and/or damage further growth/maturing.

Thanks!

Doctor Representative

By now your grafts are essentially the same as regular hair, you can treat it however you want. Obviously it's not great for your hair but it'll harm the transplanted hair the same amount as it would harm your regular hair. When in doubt it never hurts to double check with your doctor, though.
    I am a representative for Dr. Sean Behnam in Los Angeles, CA.
    My opinions are my own.

I see. So It will cause a problem with further growth and maturity? Native hair is well grown and mature but the transplanted hair is still not mature or thick. Dont want to hinder the maturity phase.

I did ask my doctor’s representative about 2 months ago. He said I shouldnt do any flat ironing at all.

Doctor Representative

When you got the treatments before your transplant, did you notice a difference in your hair's health with the treatments? I'll be honest I don't know much about keratin treatments, but if it's as intense as it sounds it probably is a good idea to wait until your hair is totally done maturing at around a year post-op. I doubt it would cause any permanent effects though, probably just make results take a little longer to appear and decrease the hair's quality itself in the short term.
    I am a representative for Dr. Sean Behnam in Los Angeles, CA.
    My opinions are my own.

Yes the treatment does improve the quality of hair. It depends on what brand of keratin you use I think, to get a good end result. It totally removes the frizy ness and makes day to day management really easy. Without it currently, my medium length hair looks like a pile of hay.

My only concern here is permanent damage to my transplant’s end result. I want to avoid that at all costs.

You Try GKhair Keratin Treatments

After undergoing Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE), opting for a keratin treatment can enhance hair texture and manageability. This post-procedure care promotes healthier hair growth while restoring shine and vitality. Additionally, integrating botulinum toxin injections can complement the process by relaxing scalp muscles, reducing tension, and further aiding in hair follicle recovery. Together, these treatments offer a comprehensive approach to post-FUE hair care, ensuring optimal results and client satisfaction.