Threaded View

Default If you're young and balding, the unfortunate truth is.... THERE IS NO WAY OUT

If your 15-30 when you start balding, you will probably eventually become a NW6-7 class baldie. Not to mention that the sides will thin some with age.

So what are your options to get decent looking hair?
    1. Hair transplant 2. Hairpiece 3. Medication 4. Tattoo 5. Concealers
    This is an absolute list of your options, you have to face the fact that you can not do anything else at all.

1. Hair transplant
    a) You will not get a nice thickness, it will at best be thin and probably not very good looking b) You most likely have to have multiple follow up surgeries to follow up the progressive baldness so you don't have hair on top and then a bald line across your head. Also you will risk running out of donor hair.
    Bottom line: Look at the pictures of the NW6-7 guys, with the exception of maybe 2-3 guys, they look terrible and would be much more appealing with a shaved head.
    Conclusion: Better to shave your head than get a transplant if you're young and balding.

2. Hairpiece
    You'll never feel good about yourself, guys who have worn pieces say it's like wearing a hat all the time... let's face it, you would feel like an idiot. You'd be constantly scared of people finding out and hiding your true self. Couldn't fully enjoy sports, swimming and all sorts of fun stuff.

3. Medication
    This one i really don't understand. Propecia obviously f**** with your body.. big time. It alters your hormone levels. As a man, would you like to decrease male hormones and increase female hormones? Believe me, hairloss has DEVESTATED my life but i would never want to lessen my male hormones. Maybe that's just me, I'd rather be a bald man's man, than a slightly lesser man with rather crappy hair (your hair will not be great looking if you're already balding and beginning propecia). Maybe you will be lucky and not notice the side effects such as reduced libido and fat deposits collecting in your breasts but you are that much less of a man. Some guys have terrible side effects and some never recover, check out the propecia survival chat groups. I tried rogaine, if it works at all, it's very very minimal.

4. Tattoo
    I have been looking into this as i feel that the buzz cut is a very attractive look and many women agree, but i think that when women talk about the bald look, their talking about the 3 o'clock shadow effect. I don't think they're talking about a shining skin head with the shadow on the sides. If you get a tattoo, probably it will not look a 100% realistic, it will change with time and you run the risk of it being really weird and hence your appearance being f***** up in a few years. The worst one is..... what do you think a woman will think when she puts her hands on your head.... she will think "WHAT THE HELL!?!" because she'll see that you're completely bald with hair painted on your head.

5. Concealers
    They may be alright when you're NW2-4, after that, your hair is already looking like shit and you're better off shaving it off.

So there we have it... there is no easy way out. My life would have been VERY VERY different had i had hair, and i empathize with all you guys, but i'm telling you after years of thinking about this and researching options that the technology simply isn't there yet.

I think that a lot of you guys are just daydreaming about a better life and a solution to our hair problems. Deep down i know i'll never have a transplant although i dream of fixing my hair, still i research and research and try to find some hope of fixing my situation although i know there is no better solution than shaving your head.