Threaded View

Quote Originally Posted by nk1990 View Post
    Il be honest got a bit of a bean head lol so not looking to shave it off just yet,

I mean with 3900 is it not theoretically possible to achieve good coverage and well you can see how bad my hair is and I'm using fibres to get away with it bur it's getting bad now,

Even if I can use fibres to thicken up hair which won't go away and fall out,

Realistically if I can hold out til I'm 38 and then shave it I'm cool, it's going I've accepted it but want to delay it for about ten years Il be happy!

I was thinking after I get it if it's good to use minoxidil when my head is obv shaved to thicken things up

Just wanted to point out a few things that I find concerning with your response. I don't what to sound mean or anything but there are some red flags.

First and foremost a hair transplant is not something you do to put it off balding for 10 years. Even with FUE there is a chance you won't be able to shave your head because of scarring. I would never recommend someone get a hair transplant to put off balding for a while. You need to look at hair transplants as a life long commitment unfortunately.

Second yes 3900 would probably be enough to thicken with fibers or concealers your surgeon will probably use most in the front and middle and then sprinkle a bit in the crown. This will look ok because lots of guys thin a bit at the front and a lot on the crown, IE its a pretty common hairloss pattern. I wouldn't want to evenly distribute the grafts because it will likely cause you to be thin all over. Thicker in the front half(3k should be ok) and the rest sprinkled in the crown(so its not slick bald) Should be ok. I have had 4 transplants and a total of 3700. Decent coverage and a few hundred in the crown so its not slick bald I am still really high on sides and back so that looks ok. I have come to terms that as long as the crown doesn't make the rest of my hair look wierd I can live with a thin crown