+ Reply to Thread

Default Nizoral CREAM vs Nizoral shampoo

When people talk of Nizoral's efficacy as a growth stimulant, usually the example of the Japanese study comes up. However - it states plainly here that a CREAM was used in conjunction with regular shampoos, as opposed to the 2% shampoo. Does this mean that the Nizoral SHAMPOO isn't a truly effective method of getting ketoconazole all up in our scalp's binnis?

Nizoral 1% Study over 6 months 2-3 weekly:

Hair diameter increase: +8.46%
    Hair shed over 24-hour period: -16.46%
    Hair in anagen phase: +6.4%

Nizoral shampoo is really good for your hair, as you can see. It will probably increase the number of hairs on your head by decreasing shedding and keeping them in the anagen phase. It also creates a much better environment for potential regrowth and also helps with inflammation.

I have looking into the cream version...but only a little bit. I already use my keto a lot so I don't think I need to add more. It is also a light anti androgen. It is really a completely all round product man. It is essential for any hair loss regimen if you ask me.

I use a 2% keto shampoo.

Quote Originally Posted by KeepTheHair View Post
    Nizoral 1% Study over 6 months 2-3 weekly:

Hair diameter increase: +8.46%
    Hair shed over 24-hour period: -16.46%
    Hair in anagen phase: +6.4%

Nizoral shampoo is really good for your hair, as you can see. It will probably increase the number of hairs on your head by decreasing shedding and keeping them in the anagen phase. It also creates a much better environment for potential regrowth and also helps with inflammation.

I have looking into the cream version...but only a little bit. I already use my keto a lot so I don't think I need to add more. It is also a light anti androgen. It is really a completely all round product man. It is essential for any hair loss regimen if you ask me.

I use a 2% keto shampoo.
    Hey KeepTheHair,

Is this the Nizoral you use?
    http://www.expresschemist.co.uk/prod...poo-100ml.html

I've seen a couple of different packagings and want to make sure I get the right one, cheers!

That should do the job. You are looking for the ingredient "ketoconazole" 1% is over the counter and 2% needs a prescription.

You can get an even better shampoo from minoxidil.com. That is where I get mine. I LOVE this shampoo! Before I started using it my scalp always felt VERY irritated and itchy. I hated the feeling and it felt like I could "feel" the balding process. Since using the shampoo my hair/head feels great! Don't use it too often though, as it can leave the hair really FLAT! 2-3 times a week is good! I used it 7 times a week and it left my hair incredibly flat. So I am going to only use it 3 times a week from now on.

The reason minoxidil.com's shampoo is probably better is because of the salicylic acid in the regrowth shampoo. It helps with the absorption of ketoconazole by breaking down dead skin cells and clears up dandruff. The shampoo is a great idea whether you have dandruff or not.

But the shampoo you posted would do the job.

Thanks man, appreciate the detail. Usually need to wash my hair every day otherwise it's impossible to style so I've been looking for a non-SLS shampoo to use on days that I wouldn't be using Nizoral. Found this http://www.amazon.co.uk/Wash-DHT-Dai...4644069&sr=8-6
    but I guess it's hard to know if these products are worth using without actually buying them.

The conclusions I have drawn about SLS shampoos are that they are harmless and that it is all hype.

In my opinion, don't worry about SLS. There is no proof that it damages hair really.

What I meant to communicate here is this: it seems that the most promising evidence of Ketoconazole's effectiveness for androgenic alopecia was with a Nizoral lotion/cream, rather than the 2% shampoo - I'd imagine the medicinal ingredients stay in for longer. Do people think it would be better to invest in a cream or lotion rather than the shampoo?