+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by mattj View Post
    It is true that you could lose some native hair due to permanent shockloss, but I understand why Louish asked for photos because it very much depends on how much native hair still remains in the area being treated. It also partly depends on how 'strong' that hair is. Often, hair in the balding area is miniaturizing and weaker than donor hair (or hair that is weaker than in an individual who isn't experiencing hairloss) and that hair can be permanently lost. But not always. Depending on how much hair you have left in the recipient area, the surgeons you have spoken with might be working on the assumption that it will be lost. This isn't surgeons playing games with your native hair, it is them planning the surgery with those weaker hairs in mind and wanting to leave you with dense, even coverage.

Transplanted hair from the donor area will be stronger than the hairs in question, so if you have multiple procedures the hairs that were already transplanted in the vast majority of cases are not permanently lost.
    I still have hair, but it is ceertianly thin on top, and probably within 10-15 years will be out, BUT I am on Propecia. Othwise, it probably would be a lot sooner. This is all guessing though... NO way to really know.

Quote Originally Posted by jassti View Post
    I still have hair, but it is ceertianly thin on top, and probably within 10-15 years will be out, BUT I am on Propecia. Othwise, it probably would be a lot sooner. This is all guessing though... NO way to really know.
    Here are a few pics--
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/n7wjfs5fd...Vmh9gEWNa?dl=0

Oh, and I should add that if you have been turned away, then that is never a bad thing. It's possible that the surgeon that rejected you wasn't up to the task, or perhaps they thought it was in your best interests to wait. Either way, it isn't a bad thing.
    Definitely not saying it's a bad thing, just confused....

When you say "not up to the task"--- do you mean b/c I have so much hair in the way?

Also, what would be the reasoning or best interest in waiting. How is that better?

Sorry, just trying to get better educated.

That's weird, your hairline and crown could definitely get some work done.

Quote Originally Posted by Louish View Post
    That's weird, your hairline and crown could definitely get some work done.
    Agreeed. I have been to several consulations, and just a few told me that, which is why I posted. I thought it odd that a couple did, but most didn't, and even one of them said, I would lose NO HAIR, which seems BS after coming on here. I am guartted to lose those ones on the hairline b/c they are so weak, right?

BUT, ALL of them, told me not to do the crown just yet. Do around 2000 grafts on hairline and a little back (zone 2.

Oh, and I should add that if you have been turned away, then that is never a bad thing. It's possible that the surgeon that rejected you wasn't up to the task, or perhaps they thought it was in your best interests to wait. Either way, it isn't a bad thing.
    I agree, you should see that as a good sign.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckBen View Post
    I agree, you should see that as a good sign.
    like I said, not saying it's a bad sign. Just trying to figure out WHY 2 out of A LOT of doctors said no.

Correct me if I am wrong, but it seems the only reason a doctor would say no is b/c they don't think they are up to the task of having to do implant inbwtweem all my hairs.

And all those baby hairs on the frontline would most likey be permanent shock loss after the procedure b/c they are barley holding on?

like I said, not saying it's a bad sign. Just trying to figure out WHY 2 out of A LOT of doctors said no.

Correct me if I am wrong, but it seems the only reason a doctor would say no is b/c they don't think they are up to the task of having to do implant inbwtweem all my hairs.

And all those baby hairs on the frontline would most likey be permanent shock loss after the procedure b/c they are barley holding on?
    Get an online consultation with dr Rahal see what he says. He did my hairline 2 years ago the results are so good my best friend went as well a year later and his results are just as good as mine. When I met him in person dr Rahal refused to touch my crown as I still have too much hair, but I have more hair there than you do. They give a discount for people living far away and the Canadian dollar is pretty weak it can make quite a discount in the for one of the best job in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Louish View Post
    Get an online consultation with dr Rahal see what he says. He did my hairline 2 years ago the results are so good my best friend went as well a year later and his results are just as good as mine. When I met him in person dr Rahal refused to touch my crown as I still have too much hair, but I have more hair there than you do. They give a discount for people living far away and the Canadian dollar is pretty weak it can make quite a discount in the for one of the best job in the world.
    Why didn't he touch the crown? Too scared of permantn shock loss.

I still feel like I don't have a clear answer on why having less hair is a better thing and why some docs won't touch if they think there is too much hair.

Why didn't he touch the crown? Too scared of permantn shock loss.

I still feel like I don't have a clear answer on why having less hair is a better thing and why some docs won't touch if they think there is too much hair.
    Yes, he said permanent shock loss would probably kill as many hair as grafted, so absolutely unproductive. Blood supply is not as good in the crown area. Regrowth is also slower there. I think you have been answered pretty clearly.