Do I have Talogen Effluvium or starting of Male Pattern Baldness ? - BaldTruthTalk.com
+ Reply to Thread

Default Do I have Talogen Effluvium or starting of Male Pattern Baldness ?

Hello everyone
    I am 20 and half year male from the country of India. I noticed hair fall when I would run my hand through my hair, and my when pointed out that he noticed hair loss on top of my hair this was about 4 months ago. I went to two dermatologists.

1. First one told me that it's male pattern baldness and prescribed me minoxidil 5% and multivitamins tablet containing biotin etc. for a month and told me to comeback after a month

2. Second doc told me that it might be seasonal hairfall and prescribed me minoxidil 5% and multivitamins tablet containing biotin etc for a month and told me to comeback after a month. But on the diagnosis paper he wrote talogen effluvium and no sparseness on head.

Some more background:I was not so tensed about hair loss earlier as my father side and mother side all had good hair till their 30s. They started hair loss and male pattern baldness after the age of 40. Their old pictures didn't show any visible hair loss, or receding hair line. Crown area was not visible in old pictures so I can't say much about that. As far as I can remember they have started losing hair after the age of 40. Now my father is 55 and have lost most of the crown hair, and a few hair on top.
    Four to Five months back, in the month of June due to work my diet got bad. I would skip breakfast, just eat lunch and sometimes skipped dinner. Before that I was on a healthy diet. In July my I went back to a good diet and still trying to maintain a good diet. I don't know if 3 weeks of non proper diet could cause talogen effluvium or not.

My hair fell not just from crown area but from other places as well. I can feel my hair volume and density have decreased at the top of my head as well as crown area.

I am attaching pictures of my hair, Please tell me what am I suffering with?
    Both doctors suggested to use minoxidil 5% for one month but should I start with minoxidil 5% or not. I have not used it yet as I read at many places on internet about dark circles or swollen bags under eye and wrinkling due to minoxidil. And I have also read that once you start using it you can't stop otherwise you suffer more hair loss than before using minoxidil. Also does minoxidil alone will stop working after a few year? I am willing to use minoxidil daily without miss only if it will be helpful for me for atleast 20 years and also don't cause side effects like dark circles.

Some of the images are clicked with messy uncombed and unwashed hair, some are clicked with washed and combed hair.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20171021_155838040.jpg

Size:	99.7 KB
ID:	54271Attachment 54273Attachment 54274Attachment 54275Attachment 54276Attachment 54277