+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    18

    Exclamation So Any New Treatments/Cures?

    Hey All,

    Been losing my hair for about 4 years now (MPB), started at 21 unfortunately :/

    Anyways since I haven't looked for a while I thought I'd check in to see if there are any new working treatments other than Finasteride or Minoxidil?

    Still holding some hope for something better to come along :P

    Cheers!

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    91

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PleaseDontGo View Post
    Hey All,

    Been losing my hair for about 4 years now (MPB), started at 21 unfortunately :/

    Anyways since I haven't looked for a while I thought I'd check in to see if there are any new working treatments other than Finasteride or Minoxidil?

    Still holding some hope for something better to come along :P

    Cheers!
    Nothing on the market yet. There are some treatments that seem to be not to far out or that are currently being used with mixed results. PRP+acell seems to be growing in acceptance and results seem to indicate it helps. But its really expensive and not a lot of proof yet how well it works. At this point I am just hoping their are other options available by the time my 11 year old son starts thinning, which if he follows my pattern will be another 9 years.

  3. #3
    Senior Member BoSox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    683

    Default

    At this point, nothing is coming out and if it does, it will be too late to even ****ing care. We're gonna be old.

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BoSox View Post
    At this point, nothing is coming out and if it does, it will be too late to even ****ing care. We're gonna be old.
    I dunno, I'm only 25 now and mine isn't overly bad yet. Still decent coverage, so I'm still hoping there will be something within the next 3-5 years. If not then so be it but I'd still like to think there's a little bit of hope left haha.

    Just using the "big three" atm, was hoping there might have been something new getting around that's all

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pajason View Post
    Nothing on the market yet. There are some treatments that seem to be not to far out or that are currently being used with mixed results. PRP+acell seems to be growing in acceptance and results seem to indicate it helps. But its really expensive and not a lot of proof yet how well it works. At this point I am just hoping their are other options available by the time my 11 year old son starts thinning, which if he follows my pattern will be another 9 years.
    Never heard of them? :/

  6. #6
    Senior Member GroughBack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    233

  7. #7
    Member Aik82's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    43

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GroughBack View Post
    I would go to JApan next year if it is to have my head FULL of hair again..do we know anything about the results they are getting?

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    605

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PleaseDontGo View Post
    I dunno, I'm only 25 now and mine isn't overly bad yet. Still decent coverage, so I'm still hoping there will be something within the next 3-5 years. If not then so be it but I'd still like to think there's a little bit of hope left haha.

    Just using the "big three" atm, was hoping there might have been something new getting around that's all
    You're 25 and you have an eleven year old son?!?!

  9. #9
    Senior Member BoSox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    683

  10. #10
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    2

    Default

    Well I can't say for sure if it's a 'working' treatment yet since I only just started taking it myself, but I would recommend taking a look at UltraFX10. It's a fairly recent treatment that came out last year and claims to be able to reverse hair loss. Like I said I can't confirm yet whether it works or not, but the way it works seems to make sense and it contains only natural ingredients, so it's completely safe and there is no risk of any side-effects or anything like that.

    I would say you have nothing to lose by checking it out.

    www.ultrafx10review.com

Similar Threads

  1. So whatever happened to all of these new 'cures'?
    By akai in forum Cutting Edge / Future Treatments
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 09-03-2017, 07:44 PM
  2. The 21st Century Cures Act, and its effect on next hair treatments
    By Pelopeleon in forum Cutting Edge / Future Treatments
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 04-30-2016, 10:13 AM
  3. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 10-31-2013, 05:25 PM
  4. List of possible cures and solutions
    By Samiam in forum Cutting Edge / Future Treatments
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 06-21-2011, 05:47 PM
  5. Drug cures baldness ... in mice
    By mott02 in forum Men's Hair Loss: Start Your Own Topic
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-06-2011, 01:19 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

» IAHRS

hair transplant surgeons

» The Bald Truth

» Recent Threads

Dr Klein promox patients! Read if you need help.
08-21-2014 09:44 AM
by Jazz1
Last Post By JohnMPB
Yesterday 10:39 PM
Do I have a receding hairline at 17?
Yesterday 10:47 AM
by Karnan
Last Post By Jazz1
Yesterday 10:02 PM
Smoking
11-11-2017 11:16 AM
by AgentX
Last Post By AgentX
Yesterday 08:22 PM
Can someone tell me whether my crown is thinning or not?
Yesterday 06:30 AM
Last Post By Kyle Kneeland
Yesterday 10:41 AM
Am I getting a bald spot?
11-14-2017 07:47 AM
by CM79
Last Post By anthonydanieli
11-16-2017 06:49 PM