+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

So question guys, date tomorrow night:
    -do i Rock the hair in all its NW glory Chris nolan style (http://www.google.com/images?hl=en&q...og&sa=N&tab=wi)
    -Do i comb it forward and try to hide the loss as good as possible(sometimes works great other times looks like trash)
    -Or do i rock a hat (its at like a sporty bar/resturant)

-Im leaning towards full out NW action

i'd do the chris nolan. better to be up and front in my opinion. your hairline will be out in the open for her to see with nothing to hide.

and wishfulthinking, thanks for your tip. j/w, what hairloss stage are you at? how did you discover it and how fast did it progress?

No problem, I like to help out if I can, although I know how hard it can be to follow my own advice!

My hair thinning is irregular, and isn't really represented by the NW stages. My hair is thinning at the crown (I style my hair to cover most of it) and more recently starting to thin all over. My story is long, and I can email it to you if you wish, but the short version is that my dad is NW5 and I first noticed my hair was thinning during my sophomore year of college. Stupidly, I waited until 6 months later to start propecia, and started rogaine about a year ago. The whole realization/denial process affected me pretty badly, and I wore a hat every single minute I could in 2008 and even some of 2009. Eventually, I became disgusted with myself and realized that everyone knew why I wore a hat and that I was only making things worse. About 6 months ago I forced myself to ditch the hat, switched up how I styled my hair, and now I'm starting to focus on more important things (career, etc.), although I still have my bad days. Honestly, I think I'm fortunate to have the hair that I do, although I fiercely dread losing any more of it in the future.

I'm free to talk whenever by email if you want by the way, just let me know! Best of luck!

hey id love to hear your story, my email is my current account name @gmail.com
    thanks for taking your time to write it out man

Im gonna rock the nolan do for the date, I actually have more hair up front then nolan but his is thicker. I let you guys know how it goes, if she says something about my hair, which im pretty sure she wont, ill just call her a fat whore and throw a plate of food in her face.

so heynow, how was the date?

hey, the date was ok, the hair part was fine, im pretty sure she didnt give a shit or really even notice. We were talking for a while and i got pretty bored and started watching the baseball game on TV behind her head. She was really good looking though, much better then i remebered, that was about all she had going for her.

I think you would be best buzzing it down and seeing if the style suits you.... then maybe shaving it off. Your lucky being asian - darker skin tone seems to suit the shaven look. You can continue with the medications whilst it is shaven, you may find them more successfull on a clean more penetrable scalp?
    Finally, i have to come to the defence of bald guys! I have shaven my head for years.... it would be nice to the option of more hair but its not everything. I use topical products to try and maintain the hair i have.... and if a scar free transplant became available i may consider it!
    The one myth i have to dispel is the 'no women will look at you' story. I have never had a problem getting a girlfriend - good looking ones too! I have no doubt some women dont find bald attractive..... but some women dont find stocky attractive and some do......some only like tall men, some couldnt give a stuff...etc etc.