+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Recession/thinning at 14?

Hey, noticed I might have some recession and thinning on my crown and have been SUPER paranoid over the past two months. So I'm turning to the internet for advice,

So, I've noticed my hairline was a bit receded about a NRW 0.5 maybe 1 or something, it kind of scared me, but I noticed in some pictures of me when I was 6 or 7, my hairline looked fairly similar, so not sure what that means, my crown seems to have a bit of thinning though not too sure there, I was pretty concerned about it but then I realized many at my school or in my grade have some similar thinning at crown. I've been shedding a lot recently, I hear 100 hairs is normal but I'm pretty sure that's an exaggeration... I heard about "Massaging" your scalp, though I really only notice I have a big amount of hairfall when I do massage my scalp or mess around with my hair, in addition with the hair that comes out a ton of dandruff and falky stuff comes out. other then that not much hairfall. Anyways my hairline is a bit messed up, I think I see some miniturization not really sure, I've visited a Doctor who told me it was sebbhroeic dermatitis and perscribed a cream, I went to a dermatologist but he didn't tell me much, besides "no signs" of thinning at my crown is examination was brief and had no look at the hairline I believe.

My diet kinda sucks, been trying to improve it
    And my haircare is terrible probably why I got bad dandruff and sebb.
    dermatitis in the first place, I went a month or two without really washing my hair (dont ask) so without a doubt I have some bad dandruff and maybe inflammation.

anyways.. Any advice guys? I have no problems posting images I take about 100 a day due to paranoia

Anyways, all images are current, ones with shorter buzzed hair was me when i was 6-7 for refrence, and I know about the "wart" or whatever, the derm said it was some "nevus" shit or whatever and not to worry about it

thanks a lot guys

Pls post pics and also pls don't always listen to ur derm they don't always know wht they are doing

You look good! I don't see any recession!

So.. Why is it I have an uneven/M shaped hairline?
    If it's not recession

You do but so did you as a child so it's not technically a recession but your normal hairline. We all have a different one. Even the girls, look at the girls around you in your class, some of them will have a pretty high hairline with deep recessions when wearing a ponytail...

Quote Originally Posted by Louish View Post
    You do but so did you as a child so it's not technically a recession but your normal hairline. We all have a different one. Even the girls, look at the girls around you in your class, some of them will have a pretty high hairline with deep recessions when wearing a ponytail...
    Truth!

Default Another Question

So does that mean my already uneven hairline will mature at some point? As other men's hairlines do in there lifetimes

Your hair looks fine. Really.

No way to know what the future holds really based on pictures. What is your family history like?

Diet really has nothing to do in any meaningful way with Male Pattern Baldness. Last week I had a 500lb patient in the ICU with a perfect norwood 0.

My Dad started balding in his late 30's early 40's, right now he's 53 and is about a NRW3-4
    My Grandfather is 76 with almost a full head of hair
    Not sure about my uncle, I know he went through chemotherapy and some stuff as well, though he's about 56 and is about a NRW5-6
    My Mom's side I have very little knowledge of.

I realize alot of my people in my grade and in the grade above me have some NRW1 or something hairlines and some thinning at the crown.