+ Reply to Thread

Default Not sure if I'm baling, or thinning or what :(

Hi everyone. I'M 22 years old and i noticed that my hair was not as full and thick as it use to be few months ago and I've been stressing about it ever since. Im not sure if my hair is thinning or if im balding because I haven't noticed any actual hair loss on my pillow, while brushing my hair or in the shower, I only lose about 5-10 hairs in the shower so I don't know what going on.

Ive been obsessed with my hair ever since i was 16-17, I had all types of hair styles and I have been blow drying, flat ironing, and putting hair products in my hair for almost 5-6 years now.

My parents tell me that is the reason why im balding/thinning because i don't let my hair rest.

Is this true? can blow dryers and hairsprays cause hair loss and if I stop, can my hair go back to normal? or at least get better?

I think you have nothing to worry about, but...
    It’s easy to assume that hair dryers cause hair loss because of high temperatures, but it’s not that simple. It’s the scalp that takes most of the damage.

Most people aren’t aware of it, but blow-dryers can reach temperatures of up to 500 degrees.

This level of heat can quickly dry your scalp and remove the natural oils from strands. This makes it much easier for your hair to break or crack. What’s even worse is that this excessive heat can inflame your scalp and weaken your hair roots, leading to hair loss.

Quote Originally Posted by danile View Post
    Hi everyone. I'M 22 years old and i noticed that my hair was not as full and thick as it use to be few months ago and I've been stressing about it ever since. Im not sure if my hair is thinning or if im balding because I haven't noticed any actual hair loss on my pillow, while brushing my hair or in the shower, I only lose about 5-10 hairs in the shower so I don't know what going on.

Normal hair shed is approximately 100 hairs per day.

Ive been obsessed with my hair ever since i was 16-17, I had all types of hair styles and I have been blow drying, flat ironing, and putting hair products in my hair for almost 5-6 years now.

STOP doing that, it's not good for the hair.

My parents tell me that is the reason why im balding/thinning because i don't let my hair rest.

Is this true? can blow dryers and hairsprays cause hair loss and if I stop, can my hair go back to normal? or at least get better?
    They can damage the hair once it is grown OUT of the scalp... not what has NOT come out yet. Yes you can fry your hair. If it is really fried, you may need to buzz it and start over.