+ Reply to Thread

Default Checking back in

So I have intentionally stayed off these hair loss forums for some time now. I'm a diffused thinner and I'm still on the big 3 (fin, niz and Minox). The big 3 has definitely slowed down hair loss but overall it still has gradually been thinning with giant sheds occurring once per year that last several months. It's a roller coaster for me when this happens. Anyways, we are near 2018 and i joined this forum back in 2013. I've gone back and read a few of the recent threads but I don't see anything that stands out. Is there absolutely anything that's guaranteed or promising that is coming out in 2018 or 2019?! Wasn't CB for sure coming out in 2018 that had way better results than the big 3? Anyone on here with credible resources that can catch me up to speed would be greatly appreciated. I just don't have the time to go back and read 1000s of comments, which tbh would only make more confused of what to believe. Need objective data. Not looking for negative speculation either, just what we know.

Basically what I am saying, is the Big 3 still the best current route?

Doctor Representative

Sadly, yes. Any doctor today will probably recommend some combination of the three still and/or a hair transplant depending on the patient's particular situation. There are a few other treatments that have been around for a while and you probably heard of them back in 2013, and some people say they've got good results, but that's primarily anecdotal and there isn't really any research that suggests they're superior (or even equal) to Fin/Niz/Minox. There's always something 'promising' on the horizon but still nothing concrete.
    I am a representative for Dr. Sean Behnam in Los Angeles, CA.
    My opinions are my own.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Kneeland View Post
    Sadly, yes. Any doctor today will probably recommend some combination of the three still and/or a hair transplant depending on the patient's particular situation. There are a few other treatments that have been around for a while and you probably heard of them back in 2013, and some people say they've got good results, but that's primarily anecdotal and there isn't really any research that suggests they're superior (or even equal) to Fin/Niz/Minox. There's always something 'promising' on the horizon but still nothing concrete.
    That's what I gathered by quickly looking over these threads. I figured if there was some sort of great news or break through, everyone would know about it and there would be threads every where about it. Oh well, I'll check back in 6 months or so. Absolutely amazing how pathetically slow the hair loss industry is moving. So much money to be made.