Will I Damage My Hair Sleeping In A Really Hot Room?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MysticMan
    • Apr 2016

Will I Damage My Hair Sleeping In A Really Hot Room?

This is a odd question i know.

But before i go to bed, I leave my computer running a program overnight and it uses all my hardware so that causes the computer to put out a lot of heat.

It gets super hot in my room after leaving it running overnight, i woke up the other day and my whole body felt really warm. My hair felt warm and my whole bed felt warm too. The computer is close to my bed.

I just wanted to ask because my OCD is bothering me and i'm not sure if i'm damaging my hair by sleeping in a super hot room.
  • Kyle Kneeland
    Doctor Representative
    • Mar 2017

The only way in which I could imagine your hair being negatively impacted by this is if it gets so hot for so long that you're giving yourself heat stroke. And I highly doubt your computer could heat up the room enough for this to happen (and I'd imagine you would be so uncomfortable in that kind of heat you wouldn't be able to sleep anyways). You're fine!
    I am a representative for Dr. Sean Behnam in Los Angeles, CA.
    My opinions are my own.

Comment

• WilliamWillason
      • Aug 2017

I think that the temperature from the computer is not too high. This is unlikely to cause harm.

Comment

• MysticMan
        • Apr 2016

Originally posted by Kyle Kneeland
        The only way in which I could imagine your hair being negatively impacted by this is if it gets so hot for so long that you're giving yourself heat stroke. And I highly doubt your computer could heat up the room enough for this to happen (and I'd imagine you would be so uncomfortable in that kind of heat you wouldn't be able to sleep anyways). You're fine!
        Thanks for the reply.

Originally posted by WilliamWillason
        I think that the temperature from the computer is not too high. This is unlikely to cause harm.
        I felt it was a little too high because when i woke up it literally felt like i was in a sauna. I wasn't sure if it was unhealthy for my hair to be in a hot room like this for 5-6 hours.

Luckily cold weather is just around the corner so it won't be much of an issue.

Comment

• Louish
          • Aug 2015

Originally posted by MysticMan
          This is a odd question i know.

But before i go to bed, I leave my computer running a program overnight and it uses all my hardware so that causes the computer to put out a lot of heat.

It gets super hot in my room after leaving it running overnight, i woke up the other day and my whole body felt really warm. My hair felt warm and my whole bed felt warm too. The computer is close to my bed.

I just wanted to ask because my OCD is bothering me and i'm not sure if i'm damaging my hair by sleeping in a super hot room.
          Bitcoins mining alert! LOL

Comment

• MysticMan
            • Apr 2016

Originally posted by Louish
            Bitcoins mining alert! LOL

Comment

Working...