+ Reply to Thread

Default Rogaine questions...

Hi,

I'm a balding guy who has a NW3 pattern receding hairline and about 50% thinning on the top of my scalp. I've been taking Propecia for a bit over a year and using 1% Nizoral shampoo for about 6 months. While I haven't experienced any further hair loss, I've had no noticeable regrowth. I would like to introduce Rogaine into my arsenal in the battle against balding. I do have some questions that I'm hoping some of you guys/gals can help me with.

- What are the pros/cons of using the foam vs the liquid Rogaine?
    - Can I use the Rogaine after showering with the Nizoral shampoo? Are there any interactions between them?
    - Can I use the Rogaine once a day and expect (close) to the same results?
    - Do you think Rogaine will help stimulate some growth with my type of loss? (pictures at bottom of post)

Sorry - I know this is alot of questions, but it's not as straightforward to me as taking a pill. Any suggestions are very much appreciated. Thank you!

Photos:

Longer Hair (April) - https://imgur.com/a/dVdVW
    Buzzcut (May) - https://imgur.com/a/yau1a

Foam won't give your hair dandruff. That's a big plus.

You should use Rogaine on a dry scalp, the hairline, and the vertex. (Anywhere it's balding, or diffuse).

Minoxidil can definitely regrow hair on your hairline, and anywhere.

There is an initial, one time only, shed on the scalp you put it on. Put it on your hairline, and on any balding places.

Worst case, it won't do anything for you. It's side effect free, for the most part. It's much better than Nizoral for regrowth. It's not better than Finesteride.

If you don't see any vellus hairs within four months to a year, it won't do anything for you.

Worst case, you get one time shedding from it, and that's it. In other words, worse case it's ineffective.

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by k9gatton View Post
    Foam won't give your hair dandruff. That's a big plus.

You should use Rogaine on a dry scalp, the hairline, and the vertex. (Anywhere it's balding, or diffuse).

Minoxidil can definitely regrow hair on your hairline, and anywhere.

There is an initial, one time only, shed on the scalp you put it on. Put it on your hairline, and on any balding places.

Worst case, it won't do anything for you. It's side effect free, for the most part. It's much better than Nizoral for regrowth. It's not better than Finesteride.

If you don't see any vellus hairs within four months to a year, it won't do anything for you.

Worst case, you get one time shedding from it, and that's it. In other words, worse case it's ineffective.

The only negative I found with minoxidil was excessive creases/wrinkles on my forehead, something to do with collagen or whatever. Might just be me, but pretty shitty side affect that no one talks or knows about

Currently I use a thirty percent concentrated solution and a fifteen percent solution. I have never found wrinkles on my forehead. Ever.

The only side effect I occasionally get is dark circles underneath my eyes. That's it. I abuse my medication as well.

Quote Originally Posted by k9gatton View Post
    Currently I use a thirty percent concentrated solution and a fifteen percent solution. I have never found wrinkles on my forehead. Ever.

The only side effect I occasionally get is dark circles underneath my eyes. That's it. I abuse my medication as well.

Interesting... well 1. Do these higher concentrates improve results compared to the standard? 2. Where do you get them from? 3. I get the eyes too. I read it's linked to the wrinkles? I always get comments about how tired I look/look like a junkie or something :s 4. Have you tried microneedling? Its worked wonders for me, new hairs 1inch below hairline and everything!

No, I never tried derma rolling.

The higher dosages from two different companies. You need a doctor's script for both.