+ Reply to Thread

Unhappy Another scared teen

Hi. My name is Alex and I'm 19 years old.
    I am extremely worried about my hair since I noticed that my hairline might be recieding at the temples. But I can't really tell if that is really the case because I noticed it almost 2 years age and it didn't really change, yet I am very scared that I might go bald in the next years. It has already driven me into very bad depression.
    Well the fact that my father (and his father) are both about NW6 is maybe the main reason for my fear. On my mothers side, nobody experienced hair loss.

I need some opinions to tell if my hair is already going away. If yes, I have already considered taking Finasteride, even after reading numerous horror stories online on how it can cause sexual dysfunctions, which wouldn't really bother me. It can't be that bad, right?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20171002_132451.jpg

Size:	89.3 KB
ID:	54059   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20171002_132533.jpg

Size:	88.4 KB
ID:	54060   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20171002_132940.jpg

Size:	91.3 KB
ID:	54061  

Hey first I would like to say your hair still looks great! Now in regards to finesteride I have experienced side effects and 5 years later I still use the medication without side effects. Majority of my friends are using it without 0 side effects, I always found methods to stop the side effects.

The first protocol would be using 5% minoxidil and ketoconazole shampoo. Than you can consider adding finesteride, or even add it now along with the above. I would advise speaking to a understanding doctor to get prescribed for the above.

Quote Originally Posted by SomeGermanDude View Post
    Hi. My name is Alex and I'm 19 years old.
    I am extremely worried about my hair since I noticed that my hairline might be recieding at the temples. But I can't really tell if that is really the case because I noticed it almost 2 years age and it didn't really change, yet I am very scared that I might go bald in the next years. It has already driven me into very bad depression.
    Well the fact that my father (and his father) are both about NW6 is maybe the main reason for my fear. On my mothers side, nobody experienced hair loss.

I need some opinions to tell if my hair is already going away. If yes, I have already considered taking Finasteride, even after reading numerous horror stories online on how it can cause sexual dysfunctions, which wouldn't really bother me. It can't be that bad, right?
    Hey friend!

Relax a bit! You've got a decent amount of hair and way more in the temples than what I had at that age

I'm not a doctor but maybe try talking to 3-4 doctors around your area to get a little consensus on what they say? Also, Joe from the show has said a few times something about easing the finasteride into the system at very slow dosages and building up. Maybe someone on this forum has summed it up?

Lastly, there are things you can do in the meantime that don't have negative side affects and worth trying because, why not? 1. A good shampoo/conditioner with Ketaconazil (Lipogaine, Neurogen etc) 2. Super healthy, low junk, low sugar diet - I find this really helped. 3. Look in to Minoxidil, I've found it help with my hairline. 4. Micro-needling (costs 2 bucks off ebay) ever so lightly makes incisions, and brings blood to the scalp. This is the one thing that I found to bring random hairs even 1 inch below from my headline! But if you get it, don't be an idiot and **** yourself up. 5. A really good B vitamin complex to fill in all the gaps.

that's all I can offer! thanks!