X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • thehairytortilla
    • Sep 2017

How to combat stagnant results

Hi all,
    So for 6 months I've been on the classic Big 3 treatment (1mg Finasteride daily, 5% Minoxidil foam twice daily, and Nizoral about 2x a week)
    I take pictures of my hair every month to track progress, and the first couple of months after starting treatment I noticed that a few thinning areas were filling up so I was really positive that the treatment works.
    However, since like a couple of weeks ago I started shedding all the new hairs I've grown...showering and combing is turning into a nightmare because I'm literally losing all my progress from the last half year!
    Overall, I think my hair thickness has increased a little (although that's hard to really measure) and I've regrown some baby hairs on my hairline. I was hoping that those would turn into real, strong hair eventually? now they're down the drain
    Have any of you encountered similar problems?
    Thanks, any advice is greatly appreciated
    Note: the first two pictures were taken December 2016, before treatment.
    the next two pictures March 2017, just before first day of treatment
    the last two pictures September 2017, at the 6 month mark.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	december_16.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	94.8 KB
ID:	483738 Click image for larger version

Name:	december_16_2.jpg
Size:	94.4 KB
ID:	483743 Click image for larger version

Name:	march_17.jpg
Size:	92.4 KB
ID:	483739 Click image for larger version

Name:	march_17_2.jpg
Size:	94.2 KB
ID:	483740 Click image for larger version

Name:	september_17.jpg
Size:	91.1 KB
ID:	483741 Click image for larger version

Name:	september_17_2.jpg
Size:	83.5 KB
ID:	483742
  • pkipling
    Inactive
    • Sep 2014

To be honest, these pictures make it really hard to assess any real progress (or lack thereof). Not only is the lighting different in each photo, but your hair is different in each one as well. In the first set your hair is completely dry and it's wet in the middle one... From the first set to the last, it looks like it's improved, but again it's difficult to know for sure without the same settings/conditions in each photo.

Comment

• thehairytortilla
      • Sep 2017

I know, I haven't figured out how to take consistent photos yet..
      but anyway, has anybody had a similar experience, where the newgrown hairs fall out?
      would be great to hear some insights

Comment

Working...