Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TOMWHAT
    • Sep 2017

Am I balding? 18

always passed it off as a maturing hairline as my dad has a very similar M or U shaped type of hairline since he was my age ,but now I'm not sure. Mom has always had thin hair and I do too. I just want some clarification on it being a receding hairline or not so I can stop worrying about being bald in my twenties.
    Attached Files
  • BaldBearded
    • Jan 2017

A maturing hairline IS thinning/recession. From what I can see from your photos, you may be slightly beyond the "maturing stage". How long has this been going on?

It can happen. My hairline started to go at 15, but the crown stayed thick until my early 30s.

Comment

• TOMWHAT
      • Sep 2017

Originally posted by BaldBearded
      A maturing hairline IS thinning/recession. From what I can see from your photos, you may be slightly beyond the "maturing stage". How long has this been going on?

It can happen. My hairline started to go at 15, but the crown stayed thick until my early 30s.
      I started noticing some recession when I was about 17. Kinda just assumed i was gonna end up having the same hairline as my father. Picture for reference Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0507.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	15.6 KB
ID:	441993

Comment

• bonitis
        • Dec 2016

My hairline is similar to yours, and it developed at least before I was 20 judging by pictures. I didn't even notice until a balding friend pointed it out to me at 24. I am 27 now and my hairline is still the same. Will I go bald in the future? Maybe, that's why I'm on this site. But I'm just saying I don't think you'll necessarily go bald in your 20s. Do you have measurements of the distance of your hairline from your highest brow wrinkle at both the center and the corners?

Comment

• BaldBearded
          • Jan 2017

Originally posted by TOMWHAT
          I started noticing some recession when I was about 17. Kinda just assumed i was gonna end up having the same hairline as my father. Picture for reference [ATTACH=CONFIG]53990[/ATTACH]
          Is that your dad? He has a completely different hair texture and color as yours. I would NOT assume you would have the same balding pattern.

Comment

Working...