+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Doctor said i cant have a hair transplant done

hello guys

its my first ever post and i need you guys to help me here

i recently went to a hair transplant surgeon here in jeddah/saudiarabia cuz i want to get a hair transplant done.. after years of fighting baldness and waiting for the ''cure'' i figured i cant wait to the point where i go completely bald and would have no other choice but to deal with it

so i went to see this doctor for a consultation and the fee itself to go and talk to him cost me a premium price

this doctor here also does other beauty and rejuvenation stuff too like botox and facelift

as soon as this doctor came over and saw my hair from the top and from the back he said ''i cant do a hair transplantation on you..u dont have enough donor hair'' thats what he said

i've seen guys with thimble size follicles with hair get a hair transplant

he also said that i would need a transplant from my body hair to which he said that he cant to that either.. he recommended some other doctor from la who can do it

instead he tried to sell me prp injection and said that it would work on me

and this is the doctor that i picked up from the International Society of Hair Restoration Surgery http://www.ishrs.org/

so i think that this guy was a total waste of time, money and a jack of all trade

i'm going to post the picture of donor area the back that i took right after i exited that clinic under the very bright lights and want u guys to decide

thank u guys

Last edited by LosingHairSucks; 09-26-2017 at 06:48 PM. Reason: image in a wrong angle

kaifa haal? , That doctor did you a huge favor if he/she confirmed you cant have one done. Have you looked into meds to see if they regrow hair after a year of use? Hope this does not happen, but If your hair transplant goes bad, would you have enough donor to fix the situation? You do not want to waste thousands of dollars and try to get repaired. Right now, i dont think I would not suggest body hair nor nape hair. If you have enough beard hair, you may be able to help the crown. Id advise against a hair transplant for now until you at least check with doc and try meds. Try getting a consult with some other docs too. Have you researched any in Belgium that also specialize in alternative hair sources? Its good to get online consults to see what some docs may say. Best of luck

Doctor Representative

It's hard to tell based on a single picture. But, it does look fairly thin in the back and I have no idea how many grafts you'd need for your crown/front without seeing those areas, but it sounds like you'd need a lot. I don't think the doctor is wrong but if you disagree it never hurts to have a second (or third or fourth) consultation with other doctors.
    I am a representative for Dr. Sean Behnam in Los Angeles, CA.
    My opinions are my own.

Inactive

Tbh, I think it's a good sign that the doctor was upfront and honest enough with you to not book you for a hair transplant, and it would make me take his advice very seriously. There are a ton of unethical doctors out there who would work on you anyway, and you would end up paying the price and regretting it. Check out the doctor he recommended, set up consultations with other ones you've vetted as well, and take all their input into consideration. It could be that you're not a good candidate at all, or it could be that you're simply a challenging case and this doctor was ethical enough to be honest about his limitations.

This can be interpreted in both a good or bad way. Good in the sense that this doctor may be an ethcial one, thus he does not feel a transplanted for you is merited at the moment. It may be bad in the sense that he may be under qualified to do this procedure, and is spinning it off as you not needing a procedure at this time.

Good luck with your decision.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean View Post
    kaifa haal? , That doctor did you a huge favor if he/she confirmed you cant have one done. Have you looked into meds to see if they regrow hair after a year of use? Hope this does not happen, but If your hair transplant goes bad, would you have enough donor to fix the situation? You do not want to waste thousands of dollars and try to get repaired. Right now, i dont think I would not suggest body hair nor nape hair. If you have enough beard hair, you may be able to help the crown. Id advise against a hair transplant for now until you at least check with doc and try meds. Try getting a consult with some other docs too. Have you researched any in Belgium that also specialize in alternative hair sources? Its good to get online consults to see what some docs may say. Best of luck
    i am going to see another doctor

also recently i switched to dutatseride 0.5mg day because i didnt see much improvment with fin

i'll keep this thread goin with my updates as it goes
    Last edited by LosingHairSucks; 10-01-2017 at 08:35 PM. Reason: typo

Can u please mention your age and show pics of your front hairline

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Kneeland View Post
    It's hard to tell based on a single picture. But, it does look fairly thin in the back and I have no idea how many grafts you'd need for your crown/front without seeing those areas, but it sounds like you'd need a lot. I don't think the doctor is wrong but if you disagree it never hurts to have a second (or third or fourth) consultation with other doctors.
    man i dont care how many hair transplant it would take..as i couldnt live with a head that has a bald spot

as per the doctor that i went to.. i think he's just copping out and all he wants to do is make consultation money

i've got friends who are norwood class v and they get a hair transplant (although it required them several procedures) but they did it nonetheless and now they got a full head of hair

i am going to see another doc and i'll keep u guys updated

Quote Originally Posted by pkipling View Post
    Tbh, I think it's a good sign that the doctor was upfront and honest enough with you to not book you for a hair transplant, and it would make me take his advice very seriously. There are a ton of unethical doctors out there who would work on you anyway, and you would end up paying the price and regretting it. Check out the doctor he recommended, set up consultations with other ones you've vetted as well, and take all their input into consideration. It could be that you're not a good candidate at all, or it could be that you're simply a challenging case and this doctor was ethical enough to be honest about his limitations.

I can relate to your experience. Hair treatment services are damn expensive and the success rate is too low. Honestly, I have stopped believing that there could be a possible day when hair transplant would be done with more than 90% success rate.

I have seen myself and my friends, just wasting their money with the hope of getting back their hair. Sad :/