Morr-F (Minoxidil/Fin) what do peope here know about this? - BaldTruthTalk.com
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default Morr-F (Minoxidil/Fin) what do peope here know about this?

I came across this one day and wondered if anyone has any experience with it or have any comments? I see topical treatments being discussed occasionally but nothing about this product... is it the real deal? currently on Minox and Fin and experiencing side effects, so would be ideal if this could reduce dht and side effects.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Morr-F-Min...wAAOSwOzZZdsj~

If you have time for two applications at night, I think you would have better luck applying minox waiting for it to dry, and applying hairmetto after. I don't use minox because it doesn't really work, but am having success with hairmetto, so know its the real deal.
    Or if you don't, just buy some azelaic acid and add it to your minox, azelaic acid is about 4 times as effective as fin topically.

If pharm companies thought that fin could compete with other natural topicals, there would already be a topical solution called FinGaine. Saw Palmetto or Azelaic acid are far superior. Think about it, since it's already being prescribed topically, the very last thing that would be a concern is systemic absorption. it just can't compete, it doesn't work as well to block DHT topicallyn as other things that nourish the scalp, and is probably horrible for your scalp. I think it's the wrong route

Just my 2 cents

Correction: " since it's already being prescribed topically" .......should be...... "since it's already being prescribed orally"

ok thanks i'll look into it

Quote Originally Posted by GroughBack View Post
    If pharm companies thought that fin could compete with other natural topicals, there would already be a topical solution called FinGaine. Saw Palmetto or Azelaic acid are far superior. Think about it, since it's already being prescribed topically, the very last thing that would be a concern is systemic absorption. it just can't compete, it doesn't work as well to block DHT topicallyn as other things that nourish the scalp, and is probably horrible for your scalp. I think it's the wrong route

Just my 2 cents

Supposedly Hasson Wong have a topical fin that is working well. They can't get FDA approval in the US (costs a lotta monies)

Im not saying topical fin works... but what i am saying is just because its not marketed by one of the big fin manufacturers doesnt mean it doesnt work. There is just not much money incentive for them to do that and if anything it might muddy the waters on the oral stuff/

I use topical finesteride works very well for me.

If you have time for two applications at night, I think you would have better luck applying minox waiting for it to dry, and applying hairmetto after. I don't use minox because it doesn't really work, but am having success with hairmetto, so know its the real deal.
    Or if you don't, just buy some azelaic acid and add it to your minox, azelaic acid is about 4 times as effective as fin topically.
    Wtf is hairmetto. Sounds like straight up snake oil. Show me the controlled studies on this topical.

Topical fin works at least from anecdotal reports and apparently there's a few studies showing it's efficacy. I believe one study was even performed by merck the developers of propecia.

The debate is whether or not topical fin works only because it gets absorbed systemically or not (this is even part of the reason why the paperwork that comes with ur propecia advises pregnant women not to even touch the drug because it can get absorbed into the blood stream). If it really only works bc of systemic absorption then it's probably easier/less costly to just take oral fin.

Don't listen to the previous poster about that hairmetto crap. Get on proven stuff so you have the best chance to keep ur hair.

If it was a snake oil, I would call it a snake oil. I am using it and growing hair like crazy, If it wasn't working I'd say "don't waste your time". I use a shower cap and sleep with it on.

If it was a snake oil, I would call it a snake oil. I am using it and growing hair like crazy, If it wasn't working I'd say "don't waste your time". I use a shower cap and sleep with it on.
    Ok then provide the studies showing it's not snake oil.

You're likely on some proven treatment(s) too right?

And lol at you using minox and claim it doesnt work (it has numerous studies showing it's efficacy).