+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default 18 year old goin bald

Hey there everybody this is my first post. Well I started losin my hair when i was 17 years old and now im 18 and thinking about starting to take propecia. I really wish I would have started taking it 6 months ago when my hair still was alot thicker. My hairloss seemed to have been very aggressive and it thinned out all over on the top of my head. I didn't go on propecia back than because I kept wanting to deny that I was losing hair and I hoped it'd go away. So much for getting you hair from your moms dad... he still had a full head of hair at 72. Well I was just wondering from looking at these pictures will propecia help me or should I just say screw it and shave my head?

Default My bad

Sorry for the really big pictures.

The pictures are small

Welcome to the forum man. Glad you are out of the denial phase. There is no telling if finasteride will work for you. I recommend trying it. It works for most people. Be sure to educate yourself though and to get it from a doctor.

Good luck

Would it just be easier to order the pills online? I herd they cost like 60 bucks a month. Either way I wanna do somethin bout it, but I almost feel like its thinned out so much that theres no point.

There are a LOT of fake drugs online. Just get a generic version for much cheaper from your local pharmacy with a presciption from your doctor.

Some people buy generic proscar and split it into 4, that way you say a lot of money. Search and read up about it. But really, just get it from your doctor then you KNOW it is the real thing. I also did this recently.

You can save a lot of money if you get proscar and split it. But generic propeica should be a lot cheaper than 60/month. A LOT cheaper. Talk to your doctor about this, or a dermatologist. It won't be that much of a hassle and it's not even embarrassing or anything I bet they prescribe it a ton.

Hey bro could you tell me what stage of the norwood thing im at. I can't really tell because theres no bald spots just receded hairline and diffuse thinning.

I have no idea. You'd have to grow it out for me to know. I really have no idea. Maybe a 3 or a 4? I am not sure. Maybe not that far. Hair looks way more receded when it's shaved like that.

Ya my biggest areas of loss are at the temples and in like the middle on top of my head.

My hair loss is similar although my hair is much longer.

Hey Kenny57028 - you should check with your doctor first, but you can compare prices online for the known hair preservation treatments...try looking for generic propecia called Finax at unitedpharmacy.com, (where you don't need a prescription) the price can be very low, they also have generic Nizoral 2% solution too. Look for Costco's Kirkland brand generic minoxidil at Costco stores or it and Nizoral is also available online at Amazon.com.