• Show
Clear All
  • GroughBack
    • Feb 2017

Bump

Comment

• Worriedguy
      • Sep 2017

Hahaha I think you two should get a room seems like you guys have history, but still guys I'm on the Fence on what to do, do we have like any statistics of guys who are on Propecia without side effects for long term?

Comment

• GroughBack
        • Feb 2017

Most have no perceived side affects with short term use according to studies. The problem is if you start, it's a lifetime commitment (otherwise pointless), or you lose hair that you would have, by never starting. I'd be hard pressed to believe, that 20 years or more of any pharmaceutical isn't going to have a negative affect. Especially one that forcefully interferes with hormone function.

Comment

• Ahab
          • Jul 2014

The decline in testosterone doesn't stop older and old men from continuing to lose hair. I suspect because your body only needs a tiny bit of testosterone to make all the DHT it needs.

Comment

• GroughBack
            • Feb 2017

You're right testosterone is not the problem. As we age our testosterone drops. Because this is a necessary hormone for men, I suspect this drop in testosterone, triggers a response by the body to convert a higher percentage of testosterone to DHT. DHT is ten times more powerful than testosterone, so the body tries to balance this drop in testosterone, by converting more of it to it's harmful brother, DHT.

Comment

• GroughBack
              • Feb 2017

This would mean that Finasteride, rather than actually blocking the conversion of testosterone to dht, converts a certain percentage of testoserone to Estridol(estrogen), explaining the increase in estrogen while taking Fin. Estridol is the strongest of estrogens, and much stronger than Testosterone in men, explaining the loss of male characteristics, and gynomastia.

Comment

• Worriedguy
                • Sep 2017

There's also one other factor. I'm turning 27, and I in intend to use 0.5mg Finasteride just for maintenance until I'm say 37,cause by then I would have matured enough to not care about my hairline.

I don't want to look like Zac Efron till I die, so if we take that into account can 0.5mg Fin ± Minoxidil get me through

Has anyone had sever sides or crashing at 0.5mg?

I still have some dull groin, testicular pain, but then again a lot of guys say it passes and they claim to have been on it for 2-3 year without any further side effects.

And also when I stop, i'm not going to t quit cold turkey, I'm going to to wean it off, slowly perhaps over 5-6 months and record my progress

It sounds really good and foolproof in my head, sadly I need some light at the end of the tunnel to follow through. If anyone had a positive experience using Fin and getting off it safely, I'd love to hear it

Comment

• Worriedguy
                  • Sep 2017

And also my hairloss is not that severe, with some blow drying and styling I can really poof it up. Like they say, better prevent it than look for a cure (which in this case there is no cure)

Comment

Working...