Toppik works well to cover receding hairline - BaldTruthTalk.com
+ Reply to Thread

Default Toppik works well to cover receding hairline

Hello guys,

Hope you guys are getting through losing your hair with as little pain as possible. So I've been using toppik to cover my receding hairline and boy does it make a huge difference. It's literally NIGHT AND DAY! The only problem I have with it is that it kind becomes more noticeable when I sweat. But aside from that it has made things SOOOOO much better for me. When I wash it off and see how my hair really looks I say to myself God this looks awful, but when I put it on I literally feel like I can take on the world.
    But here's the problem I'm having....I feel like I'm living a lie. I feel like I'm not showing people my "true balding self". Has anyone had this experience before using products like this?

I wouldn't feel like that. Women wear makeup and without it some are god awful ugly so I say go for it. Hopefully something will come along and you will get your hair back but until then I would keep using it. When I have a good hair day I feel like superman

Quote Originally Posted by blahblah View Post
    Hello guys,

Hope you guys are getting through losing your hair with as little pain as possible. So I've been using toppik to cover my receding hairline and boy does it make a huge difference. It's literally NIGHT AND DAY! The only problem I have with it is that it kind becomes more noticeable when I sweat. But aside from that it has made things SOOOOO much better for me. When I wash it off and see how my hair really looks I say to myself God this looks awful, but when I put it on I literally feel like I can take on the world.
    But here's the problem I'm having....I feel like I'm living a lie. I feel like I'm not showing people my "true balding self". Has anyone had this experience before using products like this?
    Toppik makes you look like you dye your hair with shoe polish. And a bad hair dye job looks like a bad toupee.

I didn't have any issues with Toppik but it is all about practice. If you don't know how to apply it it will look terrible especially if you put too much on. I stopped using powder and switched to hair sprays as I feel more confident with them, especially coloured ones. It worth pointing out that hair thickening spray is one thing and how you style your 'volumized' hair is another matter. It's all about testing it and sometimes a good advice from a makup artist might help. This is what I did and with a little bit of practice you just can't tell that my hair is artificial. As to products I wouldn't buy cheap powders from ebay, I tried them and they don't work. If you want dust go for Toppik as this is the leader in my opinion powder wise . If you prefer a hair spray which is in my opinion quicker and easier to apply go for Volume Hair Plus or Mane. They're both exceptionally good but DON'T put on too much, less is better. I personally chose Volume Hair Plus and Yarok hair spray on top.It sounds a bit metrosexual but this is what a very good makeup artist advised me and showed how to apply. Now as to sweat you must be aware that these hair thickeners are limited in regards to that. Therefore if you go to a gym I'd be carefull and at least use stronger hold spray to get extra fix. One way or another if you look after your maked-up hair as a woman looks after her make-up you won't run into troubles.

Darryl