+ Reply to Thread

Default How many drafts would I need? [male, 27]

Hi everyone,

I'm new to this forum and was seriously thinking of getting a hair transplant soon. I'd like to read others opinion or suggestions as to how many drafts I'd need just to get a realistic perspective on the procedure. I'd like to at least fill up the areas with thin hair as opposed to lowering or filling the recession on the sides. I've attached some photos with my hair combed back and sweaty/greasy after waking up so you can get an idea.

Thanks a lot in advance.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	-front.jpg

Size:	75.2 KB
ID:	53862   Click image for larger version

Name:	-front2.jpg

Size:	75.7 KB
ID:	53863   Click image for larger version

Name:	-left.jpg

Size:	79.6 KB
ID:	53864   Click image for larger version

Name:	-right.jpg

Size:	75.0 KB
ID:	53865   Click image for larger version

Name:	-back.jpg

Size:	71.9 KB
ID:	53866  

Are you doing anything to keep the hair that you have now? There are a lot of places you can get a online consultation and they would be able to give you a ballpark if you qualify for a transplant.

Hi McGee,

I think 3000-3500 strip and/or FUE's with a reputable surgeon will give you significant coverage and density for your hairline, and the area behind your hairline. Most importantly, if properly utilized, you will have plenty of donor hair left for future procedures should you need it.

Best of luck!

As you are new to the forum you should abandon the idea of getting a hair transplant SOON. First you need a plan, take a good look at the men in your family and see how bald you will be in the future. If you think you can transplant a good hairline and keep that for some years and then just shave it off think again.

Please google any possible side effects of hair transplants, such as pitting, bumps and hyperpigmentation. The amount of damage that a hair transplant does to your skin is a real shock. I'm completely against hair transplants, but if you want to do it you must research A LOT before following through. Filling in thinning areas can cause you to lose the existing hair and you just end up with less hair and ugly scars after waiting patiently for 12 months.

It's safe to say most people regret their hair transplants. For me it was my biggest mistake that took me into a deep depression. A bad hair transplant is 1000 times worse than going bald, trust me

Quote Originally Posted by hctr View Post
    As you are new to the forum you should abandon the idea of getting a hair transplant SOON. First you need a plan, take a good look at the men in your family and see how bald you will be in the future. If you think you can transplant a good hairline and keep that for some years and then just shave it off think again.

Please google any possible side effects of hair transplants, such as pitting, bumps and hyperpigmentation. The amount of damage that a hair transplant does to your skin is a real shock. I'm completely against hair transplants, but if you want to do it you must research A LOT before following through. Filling in thinning areas can cause you to lose the existing hair and you just end up with less hair and ugly scars after waiting patiently for 12 months.

It's safe to say most people regret their hair transplants. For me it was my biggest mistake that took me into a deep depression. A bad hair transplant is 1000 times worse than going bald, trust me
    Mostly true but if your willing to spend the money search Dr Diep on you tube. This doc has soo Many non edited testemonials it's rediculous. I'm convinced he has a trade secret to Both strip and FUE he is not sharing. His yield seems to be 100% with out any subsequent shock loss. It's crazy and if you use the right instruments pitting won't be a problem. Search Dr. Diep in Los Gatos, CA it's worth the trip. If I had the money I would have already done it.

Hctr sorry you had a bad result not trying to down play your depression or experience just giving this guy the very realistic value a good transplant doctor can offer. I hate that so many doctors are willing to try without ne'er perfect results but they do. Your for a shitty doc I have never found a complaint on Dr. Diep and believe me check out his YouTube. There are doctors on this website that I wouldn't pay to touch my head not sure how Dr. Diep doesn't have a spot on IHRS with that video compaliation. Go check him out he has mastered FUE. In fact the only other doctor
    I would feel confident in is Erdogan