+ Reply to Thread

Default please help - CTE or DUPA?

outline of history:
    - 19, started noticing hair falling slightly before turning 18
    - was dealing with severe emotional distress in the time period before loss started, as well as losing 25ish kgs (60ish lbs) over the course of 4 months, finishing about 4/5 months before I noticed loss. stress included final exams, very bad home life and terrible relationship.
    - hair was coming out in insane amounts - would get 10+ hairs every time I ran my hands through my hair.
    - stress and general unhappiness continued for another year - life overall however is amazing as of now, but hair loss is negatively impacting me very much, has bought me to tears a few times, so I guess that stress is somewhat cyclical
    - have noticed more eyebrow and eyelash loss - seems that my outer part of eyebrow seems less dense)
    - hairloss from ALL areas of head (currently would say top is thickest by a relatively decent amount)
    - had blood tests but I don't think I tested enough things, everything came back normal, didn't get thyroid results, but don't have any weight loss/gain issues (weightloss from before was a diet down from a bulk that got slightly out of hand, am quite lean and muscular 12% 185lbs)
    - hair loss has continued for almost 2 years. all hairs I shed seem to have a white bulb on the end and I lose a significant amount every day.
    - visited a trichologist recently - said I have scalp psoriasis and doesn't think I have MPB but also said there were some minaturized hairs (didn't specify where but only mentioned on the top), which to me didn't make sense
    - lots of itching and tingling in places all over scalp - has been this way for most of the time - had a few bouts where nothing for a few weeks, but then returned.
    - have no real temple recession, crown is normal, maybe a small bit of thinning, but still a NW1.
    - when hair is dry I look like I have a completely full normal head of hair
    - used finasteride for 6 months with no reduction in shedding, completely destroyed my libido however (not placebo - returned after stopping)
    - am a donor child so unsure of male side of hair loss however my father did not suffer from hair loss that I could see when he was in his mid 20s, on my mothers side, her hair is normal (naturally fine hair though, like me) and her brothers both have normal hair for 50/60 year olds (grandfather passed early with similar hair to brothers).

I just feel that my hair loss isn't MPB, given its all over the scalp, but I just can't be sure what else It could be - either dupa or CTE. I'm sure I experienced a bout of TE, but maybe that kickstarted something else, idk.

not sure what to do. thinking of seeing another trichologist as the one I saw seemed very into natural treatments and honestly not that knowledgeable, getting blood tests again, and starting derma rolling and minoxidil.

any advice ? thanks for reading

Sorry to hear you're going through all this stress, but we can't really say much without any pictures posted. Regardless, your best bet is to see a doctor and/or dermatologist for a professional opinion and perhaps post some pics on here if you'd like us to give our thoughts. Nevertheless, there's sure to be a solution to help, all the best