+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Yeah, stay far away.

Quote Originally Posted by seraphix View Post
    I would stay clear of Belgravia, while they advertise themselves as 'One of the world's leading hair loss websites' - they are a complete rip off.
    The products they prescribe are not scam product but you pay so much more for it. So essentially because they disguise themselves as legit just because they sell and prescribe the 2 FDA approved products. They essentially prescribe propecia and minoxidil for £1500 a year, that is £125 a month. I am aware they throw some multi vitamins labelled hair vitalics or something, but you can pick those up for next to nothing in health shops.

I use propecia from Boots hair retention programme which cost £30/month for propecia and buy minoxidil from the US which comes to about £12/month.

Now if you were to use proscar and generic minoxidil, I'm sure that the cost could go down to about £15-20 a month. So Belgravia centre is like every other hair loss clinic, they prey on insecurities of hair-loss sufferers and charge you an arm and a leg for the 'convenience'.

My advice to you will be keep off any hair loss clinics.
    Thanks..

The more I research this company the more I agree with you, yes they do sell approved medication however the cost is extremely high.

I have an appointment with my GP tomorrow morning to discuss my hair loss and see if he will give me a prescription so hopefully that will go well. In the mean time I have been looking over the internet to see what’s available and came across this website

http://www.minoxidil.com/subpages/pr...ited%20Kingdom

Does anyone one use them already or know of a better/ cheaper website to purchase from?

The medication Belgravia recommended was Propecia (once a day tablet) as well as Minoxidil 12.5% + Azelaic Acid for around £110 per month! however the above website sells this for next to nothing. ******* 15% Plus which is 0.1% Finasteride, Minoxidil 15% + Azelaic Acid (4 months supply $93) or the items can be purchase individually to mix and match your needs.

Whats your thoughts?

I buy from minoxidil.com Dr. Lee makes GREAT products. I highly recommend everything he sells. I use his finasteride, regrowth shampoo, spironolactone and minoxidil(xanrox 15%).

I will soon buy retin-a as well.

I highly recommend his stuff. It is legit. You get what you pay for.

There are cheaper websites in terms of finasteride, but you might get ripped off! This Dr. can be trusted so just get it from him rather. Or perhaps locally is your BEST option.

Stay clear as they are rip of merchants. I get proscar for £100 for 15 months supply and minoxidil foam which I have recently started for £50 for 4 months supply. Very cheap in comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by Julian View Post
    Stay clear as they are rip of merchants. I get proscar for £100 for 15 months supply and minoxidil foam which I have recently started for £50 for 4 months supply. Very cheap in comparison.
    Please post links to where you purchase from. thanks

Hi I get my foam from place on here http://www.baldtruthtalk.com/showthread.php?t=2790 I already posted a link.

I get my proscar from Spex Gp look on spex website for his contact info as don't know if I can link to it.

Well I have just been to see my GP and it was a waste of time. He basically said yes you have male Pattern hair loss and that I should just accept it as there is no medication available to stop it.

I think my next step is to do some online shopping I want to purchase the medicine that the Belgravia Centre recommended (Propecia (once a day tablet) as well as Minoxidil 12.5% + Azelaic Acid) and the product that I’m thinking about is an all in one solution called ******* 15% Plus which is applied once a day before bedtime and I might use this injunction with 5% Minoxidil each morning.

What’s the general opinion on all in one solution? Reading lots of posts on this forum most seem to use separate medication Minoxidil and take Propecia tablets is taking Propecia in pill form better/ more effective than in a cream

Thanks again

GP's generally know sweet FA when it comes to hairloss. Speak to my old Gp Dr Ashcroft however. He is very well informed on the subject and has helped counsel many over the years and can also help out with meds here in the UK.
    Email me and i will send you his info.

spexhair@hotmail.co.uk

Regards
    Spex
    Visit my website: SPEXHAIR

Watch regular segments and interviews on The Bald Truth UK show

View Media interviews www.spexhair.media

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel : SpexHair Youtube

I am not a doctor or medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions expressed are my own unless stated otherwise. Always consult with your own family doctor prior to embarking on any form of hair loss treatment or surgery.

I am sorry to hear that your GP was dismissive of your situation. i know some doctors even in the USA don't like to prescribe Propecia. I was lucky my GP suggested it to me. I was embarrassed to ask for it but she saw that I was distressed about my hair loss. I am glad she did.
    I use it in pill form with Regaine 5%. The pill form is the most accepted way to take it.
    You might want to try it with the 5% Regaine you are currently using before going to the ******* 15.
    Also Dr. Bessam Farjo who is located in Manchester is a leader in hair restoration. Most hair restoration surgeons do not just perform hair transplants, they will usually prescribe Propecia and can help you track your progress.
    I hope this helps and I wish you the best of luck.
    Last edited by mlao; 05-26-2010 at 09:45 AM. Reason: shorten