+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Advice needed. Belgravia or Not?

Hello All,

I’m new to this forum and the whole internet thing so I hope I’m doing this right. I’m looking for some advice with regards to hair loss. I’m a middle aged man who has been suffering from hair loss for around 2 years. My main problem area is around my crown however I am also thinning on the top of my head. Over the past 18 months I have been using Regain 5% and it doesn’t appear to be working for me. Yesterday I made contact with the Belgravia Centre via on online diagnostic form on their website and shortly after I received a call back from a treatment advisor claiming that they could help and recommended I purchased a year’s treatment at a cost of around £1200.00 this consisted of the following medication, Propecia (once a day tablet) as well as Minoxidil 12.5% + Azelaic Acid and a Hair Max Laser Comb. She said that this treatment had a 90% success rate.

I was wondering if anyone on this forum has used this course of treatment and have any recommendations feedback? or maybe you can provide details on alternative treatments, I’m not sure if the medication they offered by is available to purchase at a lower cost? One product I have been looking at since speaking to the Belgravia is ******* 15 Plus which contains the medication that was recommend to me by the Belgravia Centre.

Any help/ advice will be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks
    BTT1711

I agree with Winston before committing to a series of treatments I suggest you go to your GP and get a prescription for Propecia. A lot of people get great results using both Propecia, and Minoxidil together. These are the only two drugs FDA approved for hair loss.
    The FDA has also approved the laser comb see link below;
    http://www.baldingblog.com/2007/02/0...-fda-approval/
    but it does not seem to have the proven track record that Propecia and Minoxidil have.
    I notice you are in the UK maybe you should go to Dr. Bessam Farjo's website
    (he has a practice in Manchester) and read up there. Even though he is a hair restoration surgeon he has useful information about hair loss. I hope these suggestions help.

Actaully, The HairMax Lasercomb is not FDA approved, it has a 510 clearance from the FDA which is much different as Dr. Rassman points out.

Angry Hairmax Lasercomb and all other LLLT = SCAM

Lexington International wisely words their clearance on their website,

"In January 2007, the HairMax LaserComb® became the first and only medical laser device to receive FDA Clearance to market for the "Promotion of Hair Growth" in males."

That is pretty clever. It has fooled a lot of uneducated hair loss sufferers.

Don't be one of the fools. This GARBAGE is NOT approved for hair loss. A tea cup could get the same CLEARANCE since it is SAFE to use on your hair to PROMOTE growth.

You see? It's safe. That does NOT mean it is effective. Only minoxidil and finasteride has FDA approval. This piece of SHIT does not deserve any credit. It is garbage. It has clearance, not approval. Don't be stupid.

Lexington International will NEVER get clearance for their piece of crap device because even in THEIR OWN STUDIES does it perform WORSE than the placebo! HA! What is that? WORSE? I suggest you rub a teacup on your head if you are going to bother rubbing anything on your head, since it will outperform a lasercomb.

Lasers are the biggest scam today. I am not affiliated with anything or anyone like Spencer Kobren is to the AHLA and IAHRS etc...so I am allowed to say: IT IS A PIECE OF SHIT, STAY AWAY!

I was close to buying it myself, since I am extremely desperate also. But I saw the studies and the pathetic result this garbage had on hair growth! It does NOTHING for your hair.

DO NOT BE STUPID. This can't be argued and it really gets to me how ignorant people are towards this. Search forums. Find people who use this crap, it does not work! Some "idiots" will claim it did something for them but they started using it the same time they started the big 3 or one of the big 3 products(finasteride minoxidil nizoral).

I hate people who scam us hair loss sufferers. I hate this company. Their product is garbage and I hate the way they fool everyone. Not a lot of people know the difference between a clearance and an approval so them cleverly wording it like that to scam everyone works quite well.

INFORM YOURSELF BEFORE PURCHASING ANYTHING.

THE HAIRMAX LASERCOMB IS A SCAM!

Thankyou both for your replys. I think speaking to my gp is the best place to start.
    I have been reading about propecia it sounds relly possitive however I must admit I'm a little worried about the side affects.
    I'll also have a read of DR Farjo's website.

Thanks again for your help.

Good luck to you! Just don't waste your money on that garbage comb... I promise you it is a waste of money. Go read their studies. If they want to claim it does anything they can only claim it might remove some hair since it lost more hair than the placebo group. It does not improve hair at all. THEY proved it themselfs.

Finasteride side effects are rare and overhyped, though some are common. Spend a lot of time educating yourself!

Like they say, "With great baldness, comes great responsibility."

Or something like that

I stand corrected

No problem. Sorry for my aggressive stance...but I just hate this company!

How has fluridil been working for you?

not a lot yet but no worse either

I would stay clear of Belgravia, while they advertise themselves as 'One of the world's leading hair loss websites' - they are a complete rip off.
    The products they prescribe are not scam product but you pay so much more for it. So essentially because they disguise themselves as legit just because they sell and prescribe the 2 FDA approved products. They essentially prescribe propecia and minoxidil for £1500 a year, that is £125 a month. I am aware they throw some multi vitamins labelled hair vitalics or something, but you can pick those up for next to nothing in health shops.

I use propecia from Boots hair retention programme which cost £30/month for propecia and buy minoxidil from the US which comes to about £12/month.

Now if you were to use proscar and generic minoxidil, I'm sure that the cost could go down to about £15-20 a month. So Belgravia centre is like every other hair loss clinic, they prey on insecurities of hair-loss sufferers and charge you an arm and a leg for the 'convenience'.

My advice to you will be keep off any hair loss clinics.