Still shedding on Dutasteride after 1.5yrs of use. Normal?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • surfit
    • Sep 2017

Still shedding on Dutasteride after 1.5yrs of use. Normal?

Hey guys.

My first time posting, and I'm hoping you all can give me some guidance.

I have had slow progressive overall thinning on the top of my head since around age 32. I'm 39 now. In Jan of 2015 I started on Dutasteride .05mg, that I get from Walgreens (so I know it's legit). Almost immediately the light itching feeling went away. No side effects thus far.

Many do, but I didn't experience a massive initial shed, and over the last 2+ years I've noticed that the hair shafts have gotten thicker. I'm not sure if I've regrown dormant hairs though.

However, throughout, I think I've experienced ongoing sheds. For example, at any point I can give a gentle tug at the hair on the top and I'll end up with 1-3 miniaturized hairs, that are obviously thinner than healthier ones.

And my hair feels thicker towards the back, it hasn't done much for my hairline.

What does it mean, that I seem to be in a constant state of minimal shedding? Is it expected to have so many miniaturized hairs even after 2 years and 9 months??

I recently started using Nizoral 2%, but don't use Minoxodil. Any ideas on whether or not the ongoing shed of miniaturized hairs is normal after almost 3 years of continuous Dut usage?

Thanks!!
Working...