+ Reply to Thread

Default 24M Sikh Traction Alopecia. Need Advice. And Perhaps Surgeon Recommendation.

Hey there. Title says it all.

Basically, I am a Sikh male that has basically been suffering with traction alopecia for many years. The hair loss scar is basically, for the most part, a majority of frontal hair gone due to hair being pulled out because of turban. Last year, I finally started thinning (weird tension on scalp, burning, that jazz).

Anywho, it has become obvious to me that I need a transplant. Believe me, ive been on the fence on it for a long time. I tried seeing Donovan back in September 2014 but I was still not sure and wondered if I could "own it". I was young, and just too naive to see that my anxiety levels were off the charts to not see the obviousness.

I preferred to keep my hair short nearly bald but, again, hair line is ****ed up due to traction alopecia. Donovan recommended me FUE because scars aren't a big deal, even if you wish to shave or keep it short, but decided to not go through with it.

Last year, I saw Robert Jones and he said most of my frontal hair would be gone in 5 years, which scared me quite a bit. So i kinda ended up leaving in a sad mood. Now thar i am losing hair, no one really knows when I will go bald. Robert Jones said 28-30, my family doctor said mid 30s with a big line on my center of scalp but who knows.

However, I realized I need help. I am one of those fellers that has a hard time even going to school or work because of my hair. Nothing really helped solve it except a hoodie or a doorag.

Donovan quit doing hair transplant, so he's pretty much out. I live near Toronto of Canada. I was thinking of Robert Jones and I am seeing him this Tuesday but I've been worried about what kind of answer he could give, he gives the impression that he does care but is also business-talk. I saw the Canadian Health Assocation of hair and scalp (the guys located in Mississauga) fellers and they recommended FUT since I'm young and FUE isn't guaranteed. I'm also seeing Dr.Gupta on next Sunday in Toronto (of Seager Hair).

Just wanted to know what you guys think of all this. Any help:, or recommendations can help. I'm also trying NOFAP to help with confidence but, failing miserably (stressed out :c).

Thanks to those that can help.

How do you wear your hair now? Can traction alopecia be reversed?

Quote Originally Posted by mrclean View Post
    How do you wear your hair now? Can traction alopecia be reversed?
    Hey there. Thanks for the reply. I mostly keep the hair short or shaven. I included pictures in another thread from hair restoration, for you to see.

Try this Dr. I consider him one of the best in the world: You can at least get a online consultation.

https://bhrclinic.com/team/

Hey. How do you guys feel about micro or trycho pigmentation?

Quote Originally Posted by mrclean View Post
    Try this Dr. I consider him one of the best in the world: You can at least get a online consultation.

https://bhrclinic.com/team/
    Apologies sir but I am located near Toronto Ontario. Do you know any Hats near my area that you can recommend?

You need to be willing to travel. One of the biggest mistakes people make is going to someone convenient and then they regret it for the rest of their lives. He does come to the US....I saw him in chicago.

Ki haal hay? Vainakūvara vica ika ḍākaṭara hai jō cagā hai. Ive seen cases of traction alopecia (due to Turban) that have been repaired successfully. Definitely, see if you can call and ask Joe Tillman about it.