Noticed low density in crown area 4 years ago and it hasn't gotten worse since

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dannydevito
    • Jun 2013

Noticed low density in crown area 4 years ago and it hasn't gotten worse since

My crown at 18 vs. 22:

Am I diffuse thinning, or is it just a hair whorl?
  • Dannydevito
    • Jun 2013

My hairline's definitely changed since I was 18 though:

given what I've shown you, would you guys recommend I start finasteride? I already seem to have low androgen/high estrogen levels to begin with so I'm not optimistic about my chances of success with it. The potential side effect that worries me the most is accelerated hair loss via ar upregulation

Comment

• Louish
      • Aug 2015

Your hair on the lower picture is shorter. People from African heritage have about 50% the follicule count of a Caucasian. This is compensated by the way your hair is curled. What it means is you need longer hair to cover your scalp completely even without hairloss. Try to let them grow the same length for a more accurate comparison.

Comment

• Dannydevito
        • Jun 2013

Some other suspicious things I've noticed:

-The hair in that area has been unusually limp/fine compared to the rest of my hair for at least the past 4 years
        -I get a burning/tingling sensation pretty much exclusively in my crown from time to time

Comment

• Dannydevito
          • Jun 2013

Originally posted by Dannydevito
          Some other suspicious things I've noticed:

-My crown hair has been unusually limp/fine compared to the rest of my hair for at least the past 4 years
          -I get a burning/tingling sensation pretty much exclusively in my crown from time to time
          fixed

Comment

• Louish
            • Aug 2015

Originally posted by Dannydevito
            fixed
            What do you mean?

Comment

• Dannydevito
              • Jun 2013

"fixed" as in "this is what I meant to say" - I missed the window for editing my post so I quoted it in order to make the adjustment I wanted

Comment

Working...