+ Reply to Thread

Default 18 and struggling; Open to any advice

So I'm just going to tell my story because I need to get it out as I'm really struggling internally rn. So when I was 16 I cut my hair fairly short and noticed that my hairline was receding. However, I assumed it was just a maturation thing and it wouldn't get any worse. My hair grew out and covered up my hairline once again. Shortly after my 17th birthday I received my first "you're balding" comment but thought nothing of it as my hair was still thick and looked fine. However, the comments kept coming and I started to notice my hair looked and felt different. In particular, the sides of my hair got VERY curly to the point that I had to keep cutting my hair to keep it from looking ridiculous. At the same time I also noticed an incredible increase in body hair. The hair grew from a small patch on my chest to a full suit that covered my shoulders and upper back. About 2 months before my 18th birthday I realized that I really was losing my hair, and fast. This came with shedding that still hasn't subsided to this day. A couple days after my 18th birthday (6/26/17) I started both minoxidil and finasteride. I could only do the minoxidil once a day practically and quit the finasteride after a couple weeks of testicular pain, lack of erections and loss of motivation. However, after consulting another dermatologist I have restarted finasteride (3-4 times a week). The shedding is KILLING me. If I pull lightly at my hair I am destined to lose at least one strand. I just cut my hair very short but the shedding has persisted. If its worth mentioning, since I've started minoxidil the hairs I've lost have had noticeable white bulbs at the end of them. My current regiment is as follows: 1mg finasteride (3-4 times a week), 2-3mL of minoxidil once a day (per instruction of expert), fishtail and biotin twice a day, derma rolling 3x a week and 1% ketokonozal Regenepure DR once a day. Any words of advice or encouragement help. Thanks for reading.