+ Reply to Thread

Default Anyone had luck with propecia at .25 or .5

As you can tell from my previous post I'm really on the fence about propecia. I looking for advice about Propecia and if it is right for my situation. I am currently 36 years old and have been thinning for the last 6 years. For the past 2 years I’ve been using Rogaine foam with limited results. I have primary thinning at the crown however recently my diffuse thinning has increased and my hairline at the temples a receded significantly. I saw dermatologist who said propecia is the best option out there but didn’t really recommend it either way and told me to check Mereck’s website if I was concerned about side effects.

My question is it worth the risk? After reading many post and websites it seems as if almost everyone experiences some degree of sides with propecia either very mild almost unnoticeable to the very severe and possibly permanent. I typically tend to be very sensitive to all forms of medication so I am very concerned about what propecia may do. Although I feel as if I should do something to combat my hairloss. I was considering going back to my regular doctor and doing a full range of hormone test to make sure I'm within normal limits and then possibly starting a low dose maybe .25mg or .5mg to assess my tolerance. However, it seems as almost everyone eventually quits propecia either from sides or they feel its no longer working. I’m just not sure I want to risk possible permanent impairment if it only means delaying the inevitable by a few years. Any feedback appreciated.

Anyone? Surely there has to be someone taking .25 or .5 of propecia. Are there no microdosers out there?

I do. But i'm only trying to maintain/slow down hair-loss, and I use 1-.75mg finasteride(depending on how accurate cutting is/how many devisions i make) and .5 ml of minox every other day. It seems to be working but I have on and off shedding. Well see.

i'm 21*

A lot of people from other forums are having success with smaller doses.