not all IAHRS surgeons are all that great - BaldTruthTalk.com
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default not all IAHRS surgeons are all that great

I had a 2500 graft FUE transplant surgery 2 months ago. I did not do my research so I wanted a pre-emptive fill in for my crown. Shock loss or miniturization made my Norwood 0,5 crown into a solid 3. The recipient area is very cobblestoned. Donor area seems horribly overharvested on my left side. When I asked about the side-effects it took 2 weeks to answer. For my second question it took a complaint to IAHRS to get an answer.

And the worst part is that the technicians did the planting, while the surgeon only came in for a look now and then. The lesson is that your surgeon has to be one of the best in the world or you should not even consider the operation.

Can you give me advice on how to make reviews that are not slandering, but clearly state the facts on why I do not recommend this surgeon?

Quote Originally Posted by hctr View Post
    And the worst part is that the technicians did the planting, while the surgeon only came in for a look now and then.
    I thought , and I could be wrong , that that is the case with most Drs.
    The Dr removes the strip, sews you up, creates the recipient sites and the techs plant the grafts into the site that the Dr created .

The only Dr. I would go to does all the transplants himself. You may have not even been a candidate for surgery. After researching for several years and finally picking the surgeon he said my donor area was too thin and would not do the surgery. I think he feared what you are going through now.

I had a 2500 graft FUE transplant surgery 2 months ago. I did not do my research so I wanted a pre-emptive fill in for my crown. Shock loss or miniturization made my Norwood 0,5 crown into a solid 3. The recipient area is very cobblestoned. Donor area seems horribly overharvested on my left side. When I asked about the side-effects it took 2 weeks to answer. For my second question it took a complaint to IAHRS to get an answer.

And the worst part is that the technicians did the planting, while the surgeon only came in for a look now and then. The lesson is that your surgeon has to be one of the best in the world or you should not even consider the operation.

Can you give me advice on how to make reviews that are not slandering, but clearly state the facts on why I do not recommend this surgeon?
    99% of all hair transplant surgeries are performed using technicians to place the grafts. It’s very rare for a surgeon, even the most respected to do graft placement. I think only two or three in the IAHRS do this. This is directly from the IAHRS website describing the procedure “ Once the doctor has completed the incision making process technicians will start to place the grafts into the recipient sites. Some doctors will work alongside their technicians during the process but most doctors leave the placement completely to the technicians.” ( http://www.iahrs.org/hair-transplant...nit-transplant ) Not saying that it’s 100% your fault that you did not know this, but anyone who does even the most basic research knows how hair transplants are performed. Did you ever watch The Bald Truth? They talk about shock loss, the use and misuse of technicians practically every week. Now cobbelstoning is a different matter,so if this is the case you should post some pictures. This site has a very good complaint process so read the TOS and see how to go about it if you believe you have been damaged in some way. Two months is kind of just the very beginning of the process, so you might want to give it some time, but posting pictures can be very helpful. Fingers crossed that it all works out for you.

I had a 2500 graft FUE transplant surgery 2 months ago. I did not do my research so I wanted a pre-emptive fill in for my crown.
    People usually leave the crown alone ............or until the very end of the journey .

Quote Originally Posted by DAVE52 View Post
    People usually leave the crown alone ............or until the very end of the journey .
    Unless the hair loss seems fairly stable or if you are and older person, most American surgeons would probably stay away from the crown. I do notice more crown work being done by European and Canadian surgeons and it seems very common in Turkey and India, where FUE is all they really do. Pictures would be very helpful and how old are you?

Like most people in my situation we don't want to post pictures in fear of being recognized. And also the struggle seems pointless, thousands of guys just like me are going to be wrecking their lives anyway. I did my "research" only reading information by clinics. I'd guess 99,9% of people (just like me) don't really understand how big and invasive surgery HT is. I'm in my early thirties and went to a clinic in the middle-eastern part of Europe.

The problem with me is that I just trusted doctors in general. I have been in major depression for these 2 months and making some kind of complaint feels like a huge undertaking. I don't have the funds for a legal battle either. It's great that there are people who are trying to educate the public about this business. I just wanted a quick fix for a little problem that turned into the biggest mistake of my entire life.

Hi,

You are 2 months post op and very common to get what is called the Post Op Blues. Its highly likely you might be somewhat worrying unnecessarily. I would suggest simply waiting it out until 8-12 months to accurately determine the result. Too many patients come online early with their opinion on their surgery and low and behold as the HT develops, shock loss returns and all healing is a distant memory the result is often a great success. I wouldn't advise slamming any surgeon until the result has had chance to actually occur.

Feel free to email me directly if you feel i can offer any help.
    Last edited by Spex; 09-04-2017 at 01:47 AM.
    Visit my website: SPEXHAIR

Watch regular segments and interviews on The Bald Truth UK show

View Media interviews www.spexhair.media

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel : SpexHair Youtube

I am not a doctor or medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions expressed are my own unless stated otherwise. Always consult with your own family doctor prior to embarking on any form of hair loss treatment or surgery.

"in the middle-eastern part of Europe"

Well let's say a country that wants sometimes to be a part of Europe

The technicians did the planting?! Was this out of the country?