+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Ok I uploaded 2 pictures to my private album. If the moderators could take a look and think make a guess what's happening. Well I'm pretty sure it's cobblestoning. The bumps feel hard and have not changed since I took the scabs off. I'm 2 months and a week post-op.

I'm devastated. The shock loss made me a huge bald spot to my otherwise thick hair. If I buzz I reveal the goosebumps and donor halo even more. If I keep it longer it just looks hideous

Quote Originally Posted by hctr View Post
    Ok I uploaded 2 pictures to my private album. If the moderators could take a look and think make a guess what's happening. Well I'm pretty sure it's cobblestoning. The bumps feel hard and have not changed since I took the scabs off. I'm 2 months and a week post-op.

I'm devastated. The shock loss made me a huge bald spot to my otherwise thick hair. If I buzz I reveal the goosebumps and donor halo even more. If I keep it longer it just looks hideous
    I don't have access to your album but being two months post is too early to determine what is going on. The skin can look rough for the first several months while it heals. I've seen it before, where the recipient area eventually, and slowly, smooths over.
    Joe Tillman
    The original Hair Transplant Mentor

Interested to know which doctors I recommend?
    See the full list at HairTransplantMentor.com/hair-transplant-doctors

Did you get a second opinion? How thin was the donor area?

Great thread. No, all are not the same. Some weak some strong some ethical etc etc, but I wouldn't paint the same brush for all.

If you look at my scalp in person, it is a great learning tool. Just look at posts from authentic patients who have no marketing driven or incentives based agendas. Its good to talk to mentors though. At one point or another, the doctor you viewed was probably not part of any lists or organizations that had a user based forum either. In time, some docs may go that route, some not. Most patients DO NOT post though. So, you really have to do tons of research and meet people in person.

No second opinions yet. It's funny how little I care about hair now, I was such a fool. I would sell my soul for an uncut scalp. I seem to have it all, bumps, pitting and hyperpigmentation. I also have this creeping feeling of being unnatural, I don't even want the implanted hairs to grow. Maybe it's because I still have lot's of numbness. Has anyone noticed that the hair above the donor area stands out like crazy when you get out of bed?

In my country there is no REAL information on hair transplants, only the clinics provide their "not even your barber will be able to tell", "back to work in 3 days" etc. sales pitches. Buyer beware! It's like going to get knee surgery and it's ok for the doctor to perform a surgery that will mess up your knee for good, just because YOU should have known better. I'm about 2 months and 2 weeks post-op and this is the single most horrible experience in my life. Work, friends, girlfriend and everything else is just slipping away and being traded to sitting at home eating anti-depressants.

The thing with hair transplants is that they just don't seem that big of a deal beforehand. It's not like getting a nose-job, well it is! In my native language the operation is "Moving of hairs". So you can imagine what kind of idea you get from a "scar free moving of hairs" operation that gets you back to normal in 3 days and no one will ever even notice you had work done!

Once you get a hair transplant your whole life starts revolving around it. First you wait how it will come out and then you start waiting hair loss around the grafts. The media has a very casual approach to hair transplants, it's pretty sick really. "20 Athletes Who Need Hair Transplants" and "Would you have a 'lunch-hour' hair transplant?" are real titles of news articles!

Post-op blues... Is that a word that people use when you have made a mistake that will wreck your entire life? The more time goes by the more I think I will never get back to normal. Rant over.