recent shedding has me scared!! - BaldTruthTalk.com
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default recent shedding has me scared!!

Hi all. I just joined the forum hoping that someone could shed some light on some things. I recently had a bunch of hair shedding and I don't know why. I'm 32 Years old. Ive been using rogaine for 6 years probably and finasteride for about 2.5 years with great results! No one would ever know. A little more than a year ago I switched to an online pharmacy. Fin was much cheaper. I've had no problems. Back in June my hair suddenly shed greatly. It scared me. I then switched back to Walgreens generic and things seemed fine. About August 17th it shed greatly again. Idk what to do. I've always used generic FIN with no problems. The shedding is so bad it's almost as if I've stopped using it. Please someone help! I'll post pics as soon as I figure it out.

I hope someone comments soon. I did create an album in my profile entitled "the past year". I have the dates under each pic starting from October 2016. You'll see come July things change.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaneson View Post
    I hope someone comments soon. I did create an album in my profile entitled "the past year". I have the dates under each pic starting from October 2016. You'll see come July things change.
    Is there supposed to be more than one shed if you use it? I thought you went through one initial shed then it was smooth sailing from there.

try topical saw palmetto, pumkin seed. Its working for me
    https://www.baldtruthtalk.com/thread...-%28Photo-s%29

Quote Originally Posted by Shaneson View Post
    Hi all. I just joined the forum hoping that someone could shed some light on some things. I recently had a bunch of hair shedding and I don't know why. I'm 32 Years old. Ive been using rogaine for 6 years probably and finasteride for about 2.5 years with great results! No one would ever know. A little more than a year ago I switched to an online pharmacy. Fin was much cheaper. I've had no problems. Back in June my hair suddenly shed greatly. It scared me. I then switched back to Walgreens generic and things seemed fine. About August 17th it shed greatly again. Idk what to do. I've always used generic FIN with no problems. The shedding is so bad it's almost as if I've stopped using it. Please someone help! I'll post pics as soon as I figure it out.
    You still have a good head of hair for your age so try not to worry about it too much. Finasteride is known to stop working for some individuals after a certain duration of time. These people usually result to using dutasteride as the main cause for the drug's failure is because your hair is becoming more and more sensitive to the DHT within your body. I doubt this is the case in your situation though as you're relatively young and have only been using the drug for a little amount of time. I've also read from sources that when taking finasteride, you will experience minor periodic sheds throughout your entire use of it. Your hair will have good times and it will have bad times. From what I know, this is something that is considered completely natural.

My best advice to you is to continue taking finasteride and rogaine as this could simply be a minor periodic shed. Monitor the thinning area like a hawk for the next few months and if your hair appears to be thinner then it's likely that finasteride has stopped working for you. If this does happen.. try and incorporate dutasteride into your regime. For example maybe taking finasteride 5 days of the week and squeezing 2 days of dutasteride in there somewhere to boost the blockage of DHT.

Saw palmetto is natural, so there is no resistance buit up over time like fin, always better to try the natural route first. Ive yet to see results with fin, that I am getting with saw palmetto. Not sure why Jacito stepped on this...

Quote Originally Posted by GroughBack View Post
    Saw palmetto is natural, so there is no resistance buit up over time like fin, always better to try the natural route first. Ive yet to see results with fin, that I am getting with saw palmetto. Not sure why Jacito stepped on this...
    Maybe because I want to help this guy and give him some useful advice unlike your's that consists of telling every person to use 'saw palmetto and pumpkin seeds' which is going to do absolutely nothing to reverse his hairloss. You're implying that your saw palmetto and pumpkin seeds regime is better than a drug that has been approved by the FDA for hairloss.

I am not implying Jackito, I have before and after photo's making this clear. find a before and after anywhere on the web, that looks like this from using fin and post it in this thread.

I have posted a study on another thread showing pumpkin seeds are 4 times as effective as fin. So yes. Telling someone to intentionally shrink their member, is not helpful, I could post this study too.

Quote Originally Posted by GroughBack View Post
    I have posted a study on another thread showing pumpkin seeds are 4 times as effective as fin. So yes. Telling someone to intentionally shrink their member, is not helpful, I could post this study too.
    He's reported no sides from fin so it's almost certain that he won't experience any on dut. Those pictures you've provided don't even look like the same people. The hair colour of both is different and the pictures have competeltly different setting.