Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wevvie
    • Aug 2017

HELP, Maturing hairline or MPB?

So, i'm 18 years old, and since the past month i've noticed that my hairline has receded significantly on the temples (with nothing or almost no recession on the front)

But, the thing is, i've always had a natural receded hairline since i was a kid (especially since my 13), and it never went further back until a few weeks ago. So, i'm amost going to a dermatologist but before i wanted to check here with you guys

PS: The last one with a black and red shirt i had 16
  • wevvie
    • Aug 2017

By the way, am i between Norwood I and II, just I, or just II?

Comment

• wevvie
      • Aug 2017

Bump

Comment

• BaldBearded
        • Jan 2017

You look like the are starting to recede. Maturing hairline is MPB, there is NO dancing around that. The question is... how far will it go, and when it it will stop, or will it continue. Some men's hairlines "mature", and then don't go beyond that, or start that way, and bald later in life. Genetics plays a part in that. What do the men on both side of your family look like?

You are looking about a Norwood II, to me. What does your crown look like, any thinning there, yet?

Comment

• wevvie
          • Aug 2017

Zero thinning on my crown, my hair looks pretty dense actually

My dad has a full head of hair on almost his 50's but my all of my 3 uncles on my mother's side has a degree of MPB bald. That's what i'm worried

Btw, does it looks really bad? should i seek treatment now or wait for a while?

Comment

• BaldBearded
            • Jan 2017

Originally posted by wevvie
            Zero thinning on my crown, my hair looks pretty dense actually

My dad has a full head of hair on almost his 50's but my all of my 3 uncles on my mother's side has a degree of MPB bald. That's what i'm worried

Btw, does it looks really bad? should i seek treatment now or wait for a while?
            I don't think it looks "bad", but I also don't have an issue with balding. It's what you want to do, and what you want to go through?

How much do you care, and how much does it matter?

If you go down the road of trying to regrow/preserve what you have... you are talking lost of $$$, with no guarantee of results.

Again, there are enough stories here, to help you decide. I would consult with a professional (someone without something to sell you).

Good luck,

BB

Comment

Working...