+ Reply to Thread

Default rogaine for 9 yrs, finasteride for 6, now wearing hair 'system'

Hairloss: Norwood scale 3 at 17. Went on Finasteride for 9 years with minoxidil/rogaine for 6. Came off both finasteride and minoxidil at 26. Now I'm 28 and still at Norwood scale 3 (frontal recession only). Unsure if either minoxidil or finasteride worked as I've read hair loss recession isn't linear (and can stop and start throughout life).

This summer I had my front hairline shaved off and then had a Total Cover Plus partial hair system fitted July 2017. Although only 1 person out of 40+ friends/family members have been able to tell, the lifts and maintenance are driving me crazy. Grumpy ever since.

Am feeling pretty despondent about the piece. I was better off without it. Would appreciate any advice on dealing with the hair piece lifts or solidarity on hairloss.

Can u pls add pics of ur hair with and without system. And when u were 17. Plus after 9 years if ur still at same norwood thts amazing I would say and my advice would be lose the system be who u are. It's ur choice in the end btw.

Hi
    I'm sorry, I have always tried to take pics but then quickly deleted them. I had a really bad time admitting I had hairloss and pics seemed to just prove it. So I don't have pics of hairline at 17 nor can I stomach a pic of me without the system.
    This also means I think I was Norwood 3 at 17 and that the hairloss hasn't progressed since but I could be wrong.
    Sorry not to be more helpful.
    And yes if I hadn't shaved my front hairline I would definitely get rid of the system. I am wasting so many hours on the maintenance...

If it hasn't changed a lot then u are fine.are u still using propecia an rogaine. And can u at least show a pic with system so we can get an idea what ur talking about. Btw I'm 15 and balding like crazy my hairline has gone back and and thinned and I can feel crown thinning too so u should be a bit unconcerned!!!!!!

I'm sorry to hear you're balding at 15. That must be really tough. Have you got any pics of yours? Are you taking anything?

No not on propecia or rogaine anymore. I'm not sure if it helped me.

Some pics. 1) my hairline pre hair system 2016/2017 2) my hairline the immediate weeks after the hairsystem in July 2017 3) my hairline today - with hair system still but a bit better styling etc where it is less noticeable.

As I said previously this has been largely undetectable to all of my friends/family even though when I first started wearing it (image 2) I clearly wasn't styling it well.

No I am not taking anything. There are pics in my thread on end of first page and second page

Can you see my pics comebackkid? I can't tell if they've uploaded

Who done your system? I seen some good videos YouTube London places etc. I know there's also a place Swindon I attended once and their systems were very good.

Your pics are not showing up - maybe better if you put them on Flickr or something. That way you also retain control of them, and can delete them when they have served their purpose.

I have been wearing a system for 3 years, so maybe I can help. What adhesive are you using? Total Cover systems have silicone bases, right?