Norwood 6 at 21 - BaldTruthTalk.com
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Norwood 6 at 21

Default Norwood 6 at 21

Hey guys, I was wondering if any of you could give me some advice. I am currently a Norwood 6. My parents have told me they will help me get several hair transplants if needed, but my concern is if I get a hair transplant I know it will never be as thick as it use to be so I was curious since I use to always wear my hair long with a fringe, will I be able to even pull off that hair style any more? I notice that just about all before and after photos show guys sporting a short hair cutt and that's just not me.. So I was wondering if it's possible. If not, that is why I'm also considering getting a Hair System since I know I could get the style I want, but the idea of spending money for maintence on it would add up.

So.. am I better off with a hair system or the HT?

Quote Originally Posted by Harukun View Post
    Hey guys, I was wondering if any of you could give me some advice. I am currently a Norwood 6. My parents have told me they will help me get several hair transplants if needed, but my concern is if I get a hair transplant I know it will never be as thick as it use to be so I was curious since I use to always wear my hair long with a fringe, will I be able to even pull off that hair style any more? I notice that just about all before and after photos show guys sporting a short hair cutt and that's just not me.. So I was wondering if it's possible. If not, that is why I'm also considering getting a Hair System since I know I could get the style I want, but the idea of spending money for maintence on it would add up.

So.. am I better off with a hair system or the HT?
    Hair system. If you were to go down the transplant route it would require almost every hair on your body and at least $20,000. If you have a thick beard with body hair then a transplant would be an option if you were willing to devote a lot of money and time in regaining your hair. However, it would never return to its previous state and probably look kind of silly due half your head being body hair. Look up Norwood 6 transplants on the internet.. there aren't many good one's out there unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackito View Post
    Hair system. If you were to go down the transplant route it would require almost every hair on your body and at least $20,000. If you have a thick beard with body hair then a transplant would be an option if you were willing to devote a lot of money and time in regaining your hair. However, it would never return to its previous state and probably look kind of silly due half your head being body hair. Look up Norwood 6 transplants on the internet.. there aren't many good one's out there unfortunately.

I see..

Well my donor hair is pretty think and was told I have a lot of 2s and 3s which would give me decent results. I'm aware that my hair will never be as thick as it was before now. We've planned on at least 2 transplants, possibly 3. But I'm guessing even with 3 transplants it would be that great?

..And body hair for transplants? Seriously? I hope it wouldn't go that far for me

I see..

Well my donor hair is pretty think and was told I have a lot of 2s and 3s which would give me decent results. I'm aware that my hair will never be as thick as it was before now. We've planned on at least 2 transplants, possibly 3. But I'm guessing even with 3 transplants it would be that great?

..And body hair for transplants? Seriously? I hope it wouldn't go that far for me
    I suppose you could.. is there any chance you could upload a picture of your donor hair? Using body, beard hair is a good alternate to create more density. Obviously this hair wouldn't be used for the hairline as such more the crown and vertex. It allows your precious donor hair to be used elsewhere on the head so it is actually a good idea. If you're willing to do it then I support you 100% of the way bro. I'd be just as excited as you'd be to see the results as I'm likely going to end up Norwood 6 when I'm older so I'd consider follow the same route.

Sure.

I'll post some pics of my bald area too so you can see what I have to deal with. I'm not sure how great the results of a HT would be for me, so that's why I'm leaning towards a hair system but still wondering if there is hope for me in a HT.

Sure.

I'll post some pics of my bald area too so you can see what I have to deal with. I'm not sure how great the results of a HT would be for me, so that's why I'm leaning towards a hair system but still wondering if there is hope for me in a HT.

You do look as though you have a strong donor area. If you've been to several different surgeons and they've told you that you'd be able to achieve satisfactory results then go for it. Make sure you find the best possible surgeon for your price range as this will massively effect your results.

Sure.

You do look as though you have a strong donor area. If you've been to several different surgeons and they've told you that you'd be able to achieve satisfactory results then go for it. Make sure you find the best possible surgeon for your price range as this will massively effect your results.

Such aggressive hairloss has only one solution: acceptance. If it is like this at 21 the chances that your "safe zone" is actually safe are next to none. You will be happy for a very short time then all your money will be down the drain.

Take a look at this link for a bit of inspiration..
    https://dru.com/hair-surgery/repairi...ing-dr-ugraft/

Just buzz it