+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Norwood 6 at 21

Quote Originally Posted by Harukun View Post
    So.. am I better off with a hair system or the HT?
    I wouldn't do either.

If I were in your position I would go for PRP + ACell therapy. This will stabilize and prevent any further hair loss. It works well for younger patients and you should be able to regenerate some of the hair you have lost. Even a modest amount of hair regeneration will make a big difference to what you can achieve with future transplants.

If you don't do anything about stabilizing your hair loss your situation is going to get even worse

I can't see that you could ever get a cosmetically satisfactory look from transplants with that degree of hairloss. You should definitely consider a lace hair system. You are a good candidate, and you could get a great result. I have been wearing for 3 years now, and have been really happy with the look I am able to achieve.

Quote Originally Posted by incider View Post
    I wouldn't do either.

If I were in your position I would go for PRP + ACell therapy. This will stabilize and prevent any further hair loss.
    There isn't much left to lose . Everything on the top is gone.

Quote Originally Posted by DAVE52 View Post
    There isn't much left to lose . Everything on the top is gone.
    Actually, there is - the sides and back could sink down a lot lower.

I've got some experience with PRP + ACell therapy and reckon the OP could recover at least 25% of his hair if he takes action now. It really is his best option.

On a side-note, I really sympathize with the OP's plight. He's inherited some really $h1t genetics - that is f'ing brutal hair loss for 21 years of age.

dude, buzz it and free yourself from a lot of trouble. Own it and move on.

Quote Originally Posted by Harukun View Post
    Hey guys, I was wondering if any of you could give me some advice. I am currently a Norwood 6. My parents have told me they will help me get several hair transplants if needed, but my concern is if I get a hair transplant I know it will never be as thick as it use to be so I was curious since I use to always wear my hair long with a fringe, will I be able to even pull off that hair style any more? I notice that just about all before and after photos show guys sporting a short hair cutt and that's just not me.. So I was wondering if it's possible. If not, that is why I'm also considering getting a Hair System since I know I could get the style I want, but the idea of spending money for maintence on it would add up.

So.. am I better off with a hair system or the HT?
    I guess you have nothing to lose trying a hair system first, you can see if you like it and go from there. A HT there is no changing your mind. I would think keeping the color the same as your growing hair would be an issue...I have seen some bad ones.

[QUOTE=cybersam;253168]I think you should look at the options that advancedhairstudio provides (https://www.advancedhair.uk/). They have a strand-by-strand option, please check if it works for you.
    I agree majority of the comments here, you have lost a lot of hair and HT will definitely not help. All the best.]

That is terrible advice. AHS is notorious for selling low quality overpriced rubbish on the back of misleading celebrity endorsements. Even the "celebrities" look terrible in their advertising photos. There is no such thing as a "strand-by-strand" option in any real sense. It's an overpriced poor quality hair system.

Are you a paid shill, or just someone talking about a subject you know nothing about?

I apologise for coming across as abrasive. But you can't always believe what the adverts say on the subject of hair replacement. AHS is a terrible company, and I think most experienced wearers would know that. I would hate to see the OP getting a really bad experience on top of his existing problems, because of an ill-advised recommendation.

I would shave it, at you age, and level of MPB... and your hair color... a HT will be a disaster!

Go here: http://www.slybaldguys.com/smf/

Good luck!

Give propecia a try and see what happens, you may get a great response and nothing really to lose.