+ Reply to Thread

Unhappy My girlfriend doesn't like my bald head

Hi friends,
    3 years ago, I had this disease that caused me serious hair loss. I've decided to go bald ever since. I've used wigs, but it's just not me. I struggled to win this disease and I want to remind myself everyday about that. My girlfriend doesn't seem to understand that. She wants me to change, anything but the bald head.
    What should I do? What would you guys do if you were me? Should I go for hair implant?

Quote Originally Posted by davidclay123 View Post
    Hi friends,
    3 years ago, I had this disease that caused me serious hair loss. I've decided to go bald ever since. I've used wigs, but it's just not me. I struggled to win this disease and I want to remind myself everyday about that. My girlfriend doesn't seem to understand that. She wants me to change, anything but the bald head.
    What should I do? What would you guys do if you were me? Should I go for hair implant?
    Change your girlfriend for a good one...

Quote Originally Posted by Louish View Post
    Change your girlfriend for a good one...
    He's right! If she can't accept you for who you are then get rid of that bitch. Another option.. if she wants to play this game of imperfections how about you play it back and point out something you don't like about her appearance? See how she likes it then. I'd straight up leave her if I was you bro! I mean, imagine if the situation was flip reversed and you told her to lose weight or something along the lines of that. She'd like flip the **** out and likely leave you but yet she expects you to be fine with her saying shit like that?

On a serious note though there's likely not a lot you can do depending on your degree of baldness. There's finasteride if you still have a bit of hair left that can thicken and maintain it. Hair transplants are an option but again, depends on how bald you are. SMP (tattooed hairline) is likely the best option available to you. It'll give you appearance of a hairline and frame you face better.

Better girlfriend would be the best answer

Default Hang on before you dump your girl!

There are several thins to consider. While the previous commenters are valid in their response you have to ask if she is justified in her response! Let me explain. Does she want you to do anything because you obsess on it? Does balding prevent you from doing certain activities like many in this community. does she just want you to feel more confident because you lack it as a result of your balding. Women tend to find confidence attractive a lot
    More then any specific physical attribute. On the other hand if she flat out tells you she hates the way you look with a bald head and wants you to hide then yea you need a new girl for sure.

What MostlyIrish said is spot on. If you are happy with the bald head and she is not get rid of her. If you criticized her for a appearance issue would she be receptive?

The man has a disease, which has an unpleasant side-effect. If she was loving, she would be supportive. I agree, time to find ANOTHER girlfriend.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackito View Post
    if she wants to play this game of imperfections how about you play it back and point out something you don't like about her appearance? See how she likes it then.
    A good friend of mine is a Norwood 7, and has been since his early 20s. One time when we were around 25, we were in this pub talking to a group of girls, as you do, and out of the blue one of these girls looked at him and said, "You know, I don't mind a bald head on a guy, if he makes up for it with his personality." And my friend looked back her and responded, completely deadpan, "You know, I don't mind a fat arse on a girl, if she makes up for it with her personality."

lol!

OP: would your girlfriend prefer a grown out horseshoe? or does she want you to get a hair transplant? if you've used wigs then i assume you're pretty advanced on the norwood scale.

like others asked, are YOU happy with yourself right now?

Completely agree with Jackito and Louish,

Get rid of your girlfriend. Her reactions and thoughts speak volumes to how shallow she sounds.
    Last edited by Winston; 08-28-2017 at 03:50 PM.