Destined to be bald - BaldTruthTalk.com
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default Destined to be bald

Is there anything you can actually do if you're destined to be Norwood 6 or is everything currently available considered pointless?

I want to know if there's anything that can be done to save your hair before it gets to the stage of being a lost cause? Can a hair transplant be an open option to me in the future if timed correctly and mixed with the right treatments? I refuse to go bald! my head shape does not suit it.. I have a very long oblong face which would just be accentuated if I was to lose my hair. It would kill off my sex and social life completely.

I'm currently a Norwood 2, mature hairline at 19. My balding relative was Norwood 6 during his 40's so I'm likely going to be shaving my head during 30's if I don't combat the loss. Let's say I have 20 years to salvage as much hair as possible.. I'm in a reasonably good position for moment especially at this day and age where treatments are originating and advancing. I'm optimistic about saving my hair and open to all idea's from other people!

If you're reading this and happen to be or know someone who is following the same path as me then please do comment! I want to know if there's any point in trying to battle this life destroying condition while I still have the option to. I hope there's many other's out there who have the same attitude towards hair loss like I do because I simply refuse to give up.

Anyone?

Jackito, are you using any topical treatments other than rogaine??

Quote Originally Posted by GroughBack View Post
    Jackito, are you using any topical treatments other than rogaine??
    I am using none as of now.. the one treatment I am tempted to use is finasteride. Rogaine seems like too much hassle and I've heard stories of men who stopped taking it for as little as 3/4 days and lost hair.

I started with internal Saw palmetto, got some results but not much. When I started applying it topically along with internal. I noticed a dramatic change, helped tremendously right away. I'm not sure if this work in the same way with Fin, they both directly impact DHT. Seems to me that its important to have a topical routine as well.

Jackito, you might be interested in this study, in 2014 a team of Korean researchers published a study on pumpkin seed oil and its effects on pattern hair loss. The study’s results made hair loss headlines across the world.

After 24 weeks of treatment with pumpkin seed oil, patients with mild to moderate pattern hair loss saw a significant increase in self-rated hair growth and satisfaction scores compared to the placebo group.

Most impressively, the pumpkin seed oil group saw a 40% increase in hair count. And when it comes to human hair loss studies, a 40% increase in hair count over 24 weeks is amazing.

For example, a 40% increase in hair count is four times higher than the hair count increases observed in studies on men using 1mg of Finasteride (Propecia) over 48 weeks. That’s 4x the hair count increase, in half the number of weeks!

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24864154

When I found this study, I searched the web for products that contain Saw palmetto and pumpkin seed oil and found hairmetto, this is what I have been using.

I think he is doing his best to prevent baldness, HT's should always be a last option. They are a temporary solution with an expiration date.

Quote Originally Posted by GroughBack View Post
    I think he is doing his best to prevent baldness, HT's should always be a last option. They are a temporary solution with an expiration date.
    How are hair transplants a temporary solution? They're the only long term, effective treatment we have available right now..

How, many people do you know who have had many? Alot! The realistic lifetime cap is around 8,000. This makes this approach the definition of temporary.