+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Its not at all overkill, personally I have been taking saw Palmetto pumpkin seed internal for several years, with a modest amount of success. It's not until I added topical saw palmetto pumpkin seed that I saw a tremendous amount of re growth!! I leave it in overnight with a shower cap on. I can not stress to you how important super critical CO2 Extraction is for saw palmetto, both the topical and internal. If it is not extracted i9n this way it is virtually worthless. When it is extracted in this way, several studies show equality and even superiority to Finasteride. I can give you a couple product names if you would like, if not make sure it's CO2 extracted. This is very, very important if you want results.

thanks for the info. yeah i would be appreciative of any products recommendations you could give. for topical I have been looking at hairmetto- seems like a good product. not sure about internal

I swear by hairmetto. For internal there are two products to take hairomega 3 in 1 dht blocker (2 morning and 2 night) https://drformulas.com/products/hair...485.1507966939

and triquetra health saw palmetto and pumkin seed oil (1 a day morning)
    http://www.triquetrahealth.com/saw-p...nic/4592974774

The 3 in 1 has many vitamins and minerals that hair needs, and triquetra is the best SP internal there is hands down.

If your really serious, get a 20 vibrating brush from amazon and use 15 mins a day.

do you take both internal products? just wondering cause i would rather choose just one out of budgetary concerns

kudos on your decision. i applaud anyone going this route. the unfortunate truth is - some people dont look good with a shaved head. a lot depends on head shape, facial features and overall build.

ive seen it look great on people- others will look more sickly- and some scary/villanous. oh well- no easy solution.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackito View Post
    Is there anything you can actually do if you're destined to be Norwood 6 or is everything currently available considered pointless?

I want to know if there's anything that can be done to save your hair before it gets to the stage of being a lost cause? Can a hair transplant be an open option to me in the future if timed correctly and mixed with the right treatments? I refuse to go bald! my head shape does not suit it.. I have a very long oblong face which would just be accentuated if I was to lose my hair. It would kill off my sex and social life completely.

I'm currently a Norwood 2, mature hairline at 19. My balding relative was Norwood 6 during his 40's so I'm likely going to be shaving my head during 30's if I don't combat the loss. Let's say I have 20 years to salvage as much hair as possible.. I'm in a reasonably good position for moment especially at this day and age where treatments are originating and advancing. I'm optimistic about saving my hair and open to all idea's from other people!

If you're reading this and happen to be or know someone who is following the same path as me then please do comment! I want to know if there's any point in trying to battle this life destroying condition while I still have the option to. I hope there's many other's out there who have the same attitude towards hair loss like I do because I simply refuse to give up.
    A good hair transplant for a NW6 is different than a good one for a NW3. For a NW6 you could get a decent hairline and midscalp and let the crown go, or go very light in the crown, Basically this would give you a NW3 type of pattern. Maybe not a full head of hair but enough to frame the face and make you look like a normal slightly balding 40 year old. At 50 you would have more hair than most men and at 60 a lot more. Its like a B cup trying to get implants you don't want to see her as a double D just go to a C cup and be happy with what you've got! Also SMP is going to somewhat change the game in hair transplants. SMP can make somewhat thin looking hair look pretty full, similar to a good concealer. So instead of a NW6 needing 8k grafts to look like he has a decent head of hair it might only take 5 or 6k.

tjazz, I started with just HairOmega internal, but the color changed and I started to question the effectiveness of the SP in HairOmega. Love the vitamin and mineral profile of HairOmega, so I didn't want to give it up, and just added an SP that I know for a fact is effective. So the answer is yes, I do take both. I think if I were to do things in a more affordable way, I would get "ADAM" from Now Foods for the vitamin and mineral complex, and stick to Triquettra for the Saw Palmetto. The now foods "Adam" is $17 for 120 Tablets. That's 4 months worth, so that wouldn't really be noticeable financially.

hey Grough. Thanks for the info. ive been using the triquetra for 2 months. im happy with it. i went to reorder and i noticed the price had nearly doubled! almost $50 a bottle.

wondering if there are any cheaper alternatives with similar quality

Tjazz, Glad you're happy with it, I haven't found one. Hard to believe that it's that difficult to find a good SP, but it seems to be. Have you tried adding taurine 4,000 mg and L carnatine tartrate 1,000 mg from now foods yet?? These along with the topical and internal SP, have been the most effective supplements in growing hair back for me.

btw $23 here:

https://www.amazon.com/Palmetto-Extr...h+saw+palmetto

This is what I was looking for, thank you more for the link.