+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by Winston View Post
    It’s very common for people to go through a shed at the 7 or 8 months. Some people shed sooner then others but shedding at 7 month does not mean your medication is no longer working.
    Hey Winston hope you're right, have you experienced shedding on Propecia?

Quote Originally Posted by blackSTAT1K View Post
    ALSO, i have a theory....

When we start treatment..this puts all the hairs on the SAME SCHEDULE. meaning they are always in phases together, and not in different times. So when we shed, we notice it a lot more, but in reality, its just a normal shed that we wouldnt otherwise notice.
    I figured as much!

Has anyone else had experience of shedding/thinning after 7 or 8 months on Finasteride and Minox? Despite being reassured I can't help but be concerned and wonder if it would be worth trying Dutasteride, although I think I will wait until the 12 month mark before making that decision.
    Would be useful if anyone who experienced such a shed could comment if they regrew the hair or changed their regimen?

Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by juiceman View Post
    Has anyone else had experience of shedding/thinning after 7 or 8 months on Finasteride and Minox? Despite being reassured I can't help but be concerned and wonder if it would be worth trying Dutasteride, although I think I will wait until the 12 month mark before making that decision.
    Would be useful if anyone who experienced such a shed could comment if they regrew the hair or changed their regimen?

Cheers.

If you follow Dr. William Rassman on balding blog, he's got some alarming things to say about Dutasteride - mainly, that he'd only consider prescribing it to a man who was certain that he never wanted to have a child, or any more children.

Quote Originally Posted by Winston View Post
    It’s very common for people to go through a shed at the 7 or 8 months. Some people shed sooner then others but shedding at 7 month does not mean your medication is no longer working.
    what if my shed at the 7th month mark is lasting for five months with no sign of slowing down and my scalp is itching like crazy?

Cheers.
    I know this thread is old as the hills, but if your out there still, did you ever get your shed to stop

Cheers.
    Not trying to scare you away from fin as it works for most people, but I shed for over a year on it and had an inflammed scalp. Hair is much worse now