Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • whynot
    • May 2010

Originally posted by juiceman
    Has anyone else had experience of shedding/thinning after 7 or 8 months on Finasteride and Minox? Despite being reassured I can't help but be concerned and wonder if it would be worth trying Dutasteride, although I think I will wait until the 12 month mark before making that decision.
    Would be useful if anyone who experienced such a shed could comment if they regrew the hair or changed their regimen?

Cheers.

If you follow Dr. William Rassman on balding blog, he's got some alarming things to say about Dutasteride - mainly, that he'd only consider prescribing it to a man who was certain that he never wanted to have a child, or any more children.

Comment

• mpbsucks
      • Oct 2012

Originally posted by Winston
      It’s very common for people to go through a shed at the 7 or 8 months. Some people shed sooner then others but shedding at 7 month does not mean your medication is no longer working.
      what if my shed at the 7th month mark is lasting for five months with no sign of slowing down and my scalp is itching like crazy?

Comment

• mpbsucks
        • Oct 2012

Has anyone else had experience of shedding/thinning after 7 or 8 months on Finasteride and Minox? Despite being reassured I can't help but be concerned and wonder if it would be worth trying Dutasteride, although I think I will wait until the 12 month mark before making that decision.
        Would be useful if anyone who experienced such a shed could comment if they regrew the hair or changed their regimen?

Cheers.
        I know this thread is old as the hills, but if your out there still, did you ever get your shed to stop

Comment

• mpbsucks
          • Oct 2012

Cheers.
          Not trying to scare you away from fin as it works for most people, but I shed for over a year on it and had an inflammed scalp. Hair is much worse now

Comment

Working...