+ Reply to Thread

Default who else is totally bald here?

Just wondering as I've been going through some of the threads, alot of guys here still have a decent amount of hair or at the early stages of MPB.
    I've lost virtually all my hair now so am totally clean shaven (apart from a few venus type hairs on the front which is hardly noticeable).

Would like to hear from other totally bald guys on here and how they've coped with it especially in terms of dating/relationships/attracting women?

I'm finding it tough. Not feeling I'm getting much attention on dating sites and not even getting glances from women when I'm out, both of which I felt I did receive when I did have hair, even a few years ago when I had a slight buzz cut.
    At 6"2, dark brown skin I might not be in the worst position but still it sucks having lost all my hair and still not have found the right partner. Once I do, then this whole problem will become far less of an issue.

Started going losing my hair at 16, became noticeable in my early 30s, when I shaved it. Kept it shaved for 20 years, and then let it grow, to find out I was a N6 (PDB, Pretty Damm Bald). I date men, so things are a bit different (I guess).

I can say that I have NEVER had a problem attracting a man. My late husband was constantly mistaken for an underwear model, he was THAT hot, and loved my bald head (rubbed it on the first date, as we took a walk after coffee).

So, there ya go.

Of course I never gave a rats ass about it... maybe it's a lot to do with attitude?

Best of luck to you!

BB

It can be an advantage in dating, here is a TED talk in which the mathematician (and scholastic minx) Hannah Fry specifically mentions baldness and why guys shouldn't try and hide it - because there are a proportion of women who find it very sexy.

https://www.ted.com/talks/hannah_fry...matics_of_love

"...or bald men, for example, deliberately choosing pictures where they're wearing hats. But actually this is the opposite of what you should do if you want to be successful. You should really, instead, play up to whatever it is that makes you different, even if you think that some people will find it unattractive. Because the people who fancy you are just going to fancy you anyway, and the unimportant losers who don't, well, they only play up to your advantage."

Hi Clee,

Thanks for the response. Well that may be the case but I think these women are few and far between in my opinion. I would think most women prefer to have a man with at least some hair on the head.

For example, watch this please (from the UK) about how girls feel about bald guys -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0ruOQHr060

Notice how the best looking women all said NO...

Yeah, I think that was the mathematician's point, that there are a proportion of women who wouldn't date a bald guy, but there are some ladies who actively find it a turn on, and it's about putting yourself out there and finding them (or rather, letting them find you).

Women say they wouldn't date a bald guy, or wouldn't date a short guy, or a poor guy, or whatever, but women are much more flexible about this kind of thing, and as guys I think we so often get stuck in thinking that women must think the same way we do (and vice versa, any guy who is married will tell you that women have the maddening idea that we guys want to "talk about our relationship" as much as they do). So she may say she wouldn't date a bald guy, but what if Bruce Willis asked her out? She might say she wouldn't date a short guy, but what if Tom Cruise asked her out? And so on.

Have you ever seen this dude? (it was actually this site how I discovered him originally). He's bald, and he even goes up to women and tells them he's an unemployed bum, but he's still got incredible game, I haven't watched many of his videos but I've seen 2 or 3, and he has a couple of hot women who are all over him almost from 'hello'.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NPe-gmWJApQ

my situation as a pale , shorter, thin guy with a thin face and prominent nose- the shaved look doesn't look good. looks like a sick person or alien. at least with your height and complexion- it will look decent.

Quote Originally Posted by tryingtostaypositive111 View Post
    Hi Clee,

Thanks for the response. Well that may be the case but I think these women are few and far between in my opinion. I would think most women prefer to have a man with at least some hair on the head.

For example, watch this please (from the UK) about how girls feel about bald guys -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0ruOQHr060

Notice how the best looking women all said NO...
    Actually think that for the most part it was the younger ones that said no and the older ones said yes. There were exceptions. Bottom line is if the girls father was bald(%50) and she had a good relationship with him, she won't mind a bald husband/boyfriend. That doesn't mean she wouldn't prefer him to have hair just its not a big deal to her. there are a few guys who look better bald than with hair but honestly most guys look better with hair, its just that being bald alone won't keep you from getting women. If your attractive you will land girls regardless.