Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bonitis
    • Dec 2016

Give it to me straight, am I thinning?

I have a slightly receded "mature" hairline that hasn't changed in 7-8 years. My dad has all his hair, and my mom's dad's hair receded but never thinned. I was hoping it wouldn't happen to me, but lately I've been noticing more hairs falling when I rub my hand through my hair. Does it look like the crown is beginning to thin?
  • Louish
    • Aug 2015

A bit but the way you are style and the blond hair make it worse. Beside it could be just a shedding phase. My crown has been thinning for years but when I keep them about 2cm long you can't see a thing even under bright sunlight. Last winter I could definitely se it more and I was kinda sad to see that I was thinning more, a few months later and it was back to where it was. Some seasonal sheds are worse than others. How old are you?

Comment

• bonitis
      • Dec 2016

Originally posted by Louish
      A bit but the way you are style and the blond hair make it worse. Beside it could be just a shedding phase. My crown has been thinning for years but when I keep them about 2cm long you can't see a thing even under bright sunlight. Last winter I could definitely se it more and I was kinda sad to see that I was thinning more, a few months later and it was back to where it was. Some seasonal sheds are worse than others. How old are you?
      I'm 27. I've been paranoid because I took an SSRI but got off it because I'd developed oily skin and acne despite being 27 and not having severe acne before. So I've been worried the same effect on my hormones might be accelerating any MPB I might have.

Comment

• pkipling
        Inactive
        • Sep 2014

There's a chance you could be slightly thinning, but it could also be a seasonal shed like Louish said. The medication could also have had an effect. Tbh, if there's anything at all, it's so slight at this point that you really have to be actively looking for something to even remotely notice anything. I would give it a couple months before you check it again (so you don't become obsessive) and reevaluate then. Very good chance the increased hair fall you're seeing gets back to normal.

Comment

• Frankhoffa
          • Aug 2017

I'd stay off of ssri's until you've exhausted other treatment options such as talk therapy, exercise and low thc marijuana. I'm speaking from experience. With that said your hair looks good for your age.

Comment

Working...