+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

looks good well done!

You are going to lose the entire front third of your hair and then its going to go all the way back to the crown.

Until that happens, no transplant. Down the line a good doc can give you a good, natural look. However, if you hop in the chair now you're going to regret it.

If you're willing to risk it, your best option right now is meds. Understand what you're getting in to and what to expect if you go that route.

Your hair density actually looks pretty good. I think if you grew your hair longer you would look great. I have seen a lot of guys who look thin with very short hair but with longer hair you can't tell there is any thinning at all. If you feel totally compelled to do something I would do the ol' "big 3" finasteride, minox and nizoral shampoo. I took fin for 20+ years with no side effects and it did wonders for maintaining my hair. No doc is going to transplant you at this point and that is a good thing because transplants are for very thin/balding areas which you really don't have. Its like the old saying says.."hair transplants do the least for the guys who need it most" In other words if you have a smallish baldish area with really thick hair on the back and sides you can expect a great result. You really arent that kind of guy.....

Yeah, you'll find that if you grow your hair longer, the thinning will be less visible. Your hair is currently at the length where the thinning will be the most obvious - which happens to be a good length for consultations. It's a good thing that your hair is still too dense to justify a hair transplant. So to minimize the appearance of thinning you either need to go longer or just buzz it down.
    Last edited by mattj; 08-11-2017 at 04:02 AM.
    I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal

My FUE With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

Ok thanks guys. I think I'm going to try finasteride and I'm already taking Rogaine. I have also just bought some nizoral shampoo - the label says just use it once a week but is this correct for hair loss purposes?

I'm also going to try growing my hair. I was shaving it all the way down to stubble and the only reason it's longer now is due to the consultation. But, yeah, it didn't really look too great like that and I think it's starting to make me look much older than I am.

What I'm concerned about, though, is how messed up the front is. Not sure how I could make it look ok. I mean it's very thin, the sides are receding and not only is it thin, but it's all in clumps and uneven. The front really frames the face and is definitely what I'm most bothered about. So yeah, I'm not sure how I could make it look natural growing it. I'm also completely useless with hair styling haha. I'm thinking I could go to a stylist but knowing my luck they will mess me up!