+ Reply to Thread

Default Any Advice on Finasteride?

Okay, I am 20 years old and probably 7 months ago I noticed about my thinning crown. So I decided to jump on Finasteride 1mg and Nizoral. I have a history of family baldness. My grandpa and my uncle (my mother's brother) they are bald.

Currently, I am on finasteride 1mg for 2 Months and 17 days. But I feel my hair as thinned up quite a bit compared to before. Here are some images. Now I want some advice from people who are on finasteride that did they faced similar problems. Btw I don't have much body hair and can't grow a beard. I didn't have any sides from finasteride. Any advice would be great as I am suffering from anxiety related to early baldness.

Pictures take today (9th August 2017)
    http://imgur.com/a/rVpgE
    Pictures taken on May 9th 2017
    http://imgur.com/a/bQcXu

Can someone at-least help me out? Please, I need it desperately.

It looks like you have early thinning alright- the time to act is now as most of the stuff on the market is very weak at regrowth but can be quite effective at slowing progression. I would also throw in some minoxidil and maybe even consider some dermarolling with it as that seems to have some efficacy for actual regrowth. That way you would be perhaps put back to near normal and be able to preserve it well into your 50's at least. Minox and fin held the line for me for almost 20 years until even that started to fail about a year and half ago. When that evil bitch genetics says your follicles will eventually become sensitized to even the tiniest amount of DHT she wasn't kidding- but at least you can fight the good fight and go down with a bang not a whimper...Best of luck !

20 years WOW!!!!! I am genuinely happy for you man. Honestly, I feel really sad that all the attention I used to get will be gone in a matter of months and most probably I will quit UNI.
    And well I will then give Minox a go then because even if I maintain what I have right now, I will be more than happy with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Arko View Post
    20 years WOW!!!!! I am genuinely happy for you man. Honestly, I feel really sad that all the attention I used to get will be gone in a matter of months and most probably I will quit UNI.
    And well I will then give Minox a go then because even if I maintain what I have right now, I will be more than happy with it.
    If you could preserve your hair for another 15-20 years then you'll be fine.. I do believe they'll be better treatment options available within that time frame. Hair transplants are also becoming more revolutionised by the day, I've seen people go from Norwood 6 to a Norwood 2 so imagine the results people will be able to achieve in years to come. Just take markusdbc's advice and get onto finasteride, minoxidil whenever you can.. hold onto what you've got for as long as you can then if and when something new becomes available, get it.